Visiting Seattle, where to go

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianMac

Reaction score
I'll be in Seattle for an IT geek conference next week, where do I need to go and what do I need to drink?
I'm on foot, staying near the Washington State Convention Center
800 Convention Place
Seattle, Washington 98101.
Thanks,
BMac

There's a pizza place called the five point I think? It's right near there and they hav a huge bottle list and a ton of taps

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Had a great trip, IT geek conventional by day, beer quest be night.
I got to try:
Pike St brewery and got to meet the brewer Art. Real nice guy and offered to give me and my buddies a tour the next day when he was brewing, but work got in the way....
Really like his beer, the IPAs that I tried were great, strong and fresh with a great bite.
Found a great place around the corner from the hotel called Rock Bottem, sort of a franchise type place. Met the Brewer, Mark I think, apologies if that's not your name, but I am just awful with names. Tried a few and liked them all. Because i am dumb with names, I will refer to the brewer as "the brewer", he gave me a tour and let me climb up and check out his 12 barrel mash tub and kettle, beautiful SS banded with copper. He was busy getting ready to leave for the day, but made time to talk with me, give me a tour and get a little geeky with me. He have me a pull off one of his fermenters of an imperial IPA that's was out of this world. My favorite of the night was an Kolsch that is a standard for the bar. Light and dry with a great yeast, malt and hop flavor. This is on my brew list for this week.
I made it to the Taproom or Tango use, 160 on tap, oh this was a fun night.
Found the Yard House another great place.
Canon whisky bar, spend but great place to sip and eat.
And I still had time to check out the space needle.
Great trip, great city, great beer, and they even have great coffee.

Thanks for all the advice.

Forgive my typos, doing this on my phone.

Cheers,

BMac

Latest posts

Back