This is all I need for a scale right??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe, I don't see anything on the page about its accuracy at low weights. I'd expect 1% or so, but it doesn't say.

It'll do but, if you ever go all grain and do 10 gallon or larger batches it'll become a little bit of a chore over time.

Bass pro shops has a 22 lb dial scale for $30.00 for big measures.

Also, Ebay has some digital postal scales that will weigh out up to a couple hundred pounds at the high end or a ounce at the bottom end.

As for me, I am still lo0oking for that digital scale that will measure the hundreds of pounds, ounces, or grams. Without neding a mortgage to buy it.

It'll do but, if you ever go all grain and do 10 gallon or larger batches it'll become a little bit of a chore over time.

Bass pro shops has a 22 lb dial scale for $30.00 for big measures.

Also, Ebay has some digital postal scales that will weigh out up to a couple hundred pounds at the high end or a ounce at the bottom end.

As for me, I am still lo0oking for that digital scale that will measure the hundreds of pounds, ounces, or grams. Without neding a mortgage to buy it.

Why not get two? One for the big weights and one small, pocket sized postal one for ounces/grams? Seems like that option would be a ton cheaper

Why not get two? One for the big weights and one small, pocket sized postal one for ounces/grams? Seems like that option would be a ton cheaper

That is in fact what I am doing. I was just looking for that "All-in-one" option to sit next to my Printers-scanner-fax-copier-typsetter-coffeemaker. It's all about the convergence man.

That is in fact what I am doing. I was just looking for that "All-in-one" option to sit next to my Printers-scanner-fax-copier-typsetter-coffeemaker. It's all about the convergence man.

Sucks when the scanner quits and you can't make coffee though. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just about to buy a scale for my first AG brew.

I'm going to pick this one up tonight after supper.
Link To Scale
Regular $30, on sale for $10. It will hardly break the bank compared to some of the kick-ass scales I've seen.

I'm sure something more accurate like a postal scale would be preferred by most, but this looks like it might be a good entry level scale for someone like me.

Back