Tuoareg tea mead?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16302

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried an Tuoareg tea mead. I drink the loose leaf Tuoareg green tea from World Market and it is awesome, was thinking that it would make a fine balance to the honey in mead.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/world-marketreg-organic-tuoareg-loose-leaf-tea.do?&from=Search

My main concern is that I'd have no idea of how much to add to my batch. I typically make small (1 gallon batches) and am not sure if I should make it extra strong in case the taste diminishes, or make it extra weak so it's not overpowering.

Look in my first post, it has a link to the "bag" I'd be using. It is 68g loose leaf tea by weight.

1oz of tea is not far from 2 big tablespoons. Anyways, I'd recommend maybe doing half in primary, tasting it, then doing the second half in secondary if it needs it.

I'd say I went wrong in brewing the tea, then adding the brewed tea as part of the total volume, instead of just adding the tea leaves right in.

from what I understand though alcohol will pull a lot of those bitter flavors out into your mix though...so not sure about that.

Latest posts

Back