• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

100QT & 180QT Stock Pot Bulk Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you guys (or should I say you're significant others) are really going to hate me. Here is the initial pricing for the conicals. These are WITHOUT shipping. The savings on the larger two is amazing!

8 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell and thermometer = $340
15 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell, thermometer and rotating racking arm =$450
27 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell, thermometer, and rotating racking arm on casters = $650

I was told that they can take pressure up to 5psi

Let me know what you think.

CF40TW-FRZ.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-03-20 at 4.43.03 PM.jpg

So you guys (or should I say you're significant others) are really going to hate me. Here is the initial pricing for the conicals. These are WITHOUT shipping. The savings on the larger two is amazing!

8 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell and thermometer = $340
15 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell, thermometer and rotating racking arm =$450
27 gallon w/ tri-clovers, thermowell, thermometer, and rotating racking arm on casters = $650

I was told that they can take pressure up to 5psi

Let me know what you think.

That's comparable pricing to the brewhemoth. They tested the brewhemoth and demonstated that it can withstand a lot more pressure than 5psi. That's not to say that those won't either, but until you kiss and tell, no one knows for sure.

BBL_Brewer said:
That's comparable pricing to the brewhemoth. They tested the brewhemoth and demonstated that it can withstand a lot more pressure than 5psi. That's not to say that those won't either, but until you kiss and tell, no one knows for sure.

That is true. And the brewhemoth is a fine unit. But, you aren't exactly comparing apples to apples. What I spec'd includes the valves and gaskets. The largest one is bigger. They have or could have casters. The 15 gal is $100+ cheaper than anywhere online, the 27 gal $200+. It all depends on what you want.

I'm interested in a 15 gallon also. Is there a spec sheet/photo you could forward to me? Spec sheet posted blurs when enlarged.

Here you go, sorry about that low res. You can add leg extensions and casters if you like. I can also have them made without the thermowell or thermometer, and with a standard non-swiveling racking port.

15gal.jpg

Hey Frank, appreciate the effort you are putting in on this. I do have a few questions though.

The spec pictures posted are somewhat different (possibly due to the different volume models). With this in mind for the 15 gallon model:

1. Is the lid flat or domed or is there an option. After purchase I would like to add a corny lid if it is flat for dry hopping. Don't think this would work with a domed lid.

2. The lid locking systems seem to vary from a circular compression metal band on the first spec sheet to a bar that crosses the top of the lid and screws down for the second spec sheet.

3. Are the ball valves included in the price? Are butterfly valves an option?

4. Any finally (for now!!!! LOL) how much are the leg extensions and casters?

Hope I'm not being too much of a pain with my questions.

Also after you get a feeling for how many people on this thread are interested, it might be beneficial to everyone to start a new thread as there might be people locally who might be interested in this buy.

Just post new thread name here for those interested to subscribe.

Hey Frank, appreciate the effort you are putting in on this. I do have a few questions though.

The spec pictures posted are somewhat different (possibly due to the different volume models). With this in mind for the 15 gallon model:

1. Is the lid flat or domed or is there an option. After purchase I would like to add a corny lid if it is flat for dry hopping. Don't think this would work with a domed lid.

2. The lid locking systems seem to vary from a circular compression metal band on the first spec sheet to a bar that crosses the top of the lid and screws down for the second spec sheet.

3. Are the ball valves included in the price? Are butterfly valves an option?

4. Any finally (for now!!!! LOL) how much are the leg extensions and casters?

Hope I'm not being too much of a pain with my questions.

Also after you get a feeling for how many people on this thread are interested, it might be beneficial to everyone to start a new thread as there might be people locally who might be interested in this buy.

Just post new thread name here for those interested to subscribe.

Ok, let me take a deep breath. ;)

1. The lid is flat
2. The locking systems are different b/c the first spec sheet is for the 27 gal, the larger 2nd spec sheet is for the 15 gal and they have different locking systems.
3.Yes they include the valves and gaskets. Yes, butterflies are an option but I will have to get pricing.
4. Leg extensions are $80 for the 15gal, $60 for the 8gal. Casters are $30
5. No, you're not being a pain.

And lastly, yes you are correct and I am planning on starting a new thread to setup this buy. I will link to it in here.

THANKS!!

Tojo:

I have your kettle, safe and sound!
I took it out of the box, no obvious defects... these look really good for the price.

Thanks again cripplecreek!

ForumRunner_20120325_155045.jpg

Link doesn't work?

So, the Conical buy thread got killed. It's against the site rules, as was this stock pot buy apparently. I've talked with the site admin and he says there is no way for us to do the buy on this site unless I register as a vendor. Still waiting to hear what that entails.

In the meantime, I'm setting up a buy off of this site. PM me for details.

Thanks!

cripplecreek said:
So, the Conical buy thread got killed. It's against the site rules, as was this stock pot buy apparently. I've talked with the site admin and he says there is no way for us to do the buy on this site unless I register as a vendor. Still waiting to hear what that entails.

In the meantime, I'm setting up a buy off of this site. PM me for details.

Thanks!

So what exactly is the "Group Buy" section for? Grain buys are not against the rules? I suppose it has to do with vendors; if so the section heading should be changed to Group Grain Buys or something.

So what exactly is the "Group Buy" section for? Grain buys are not against the rules? I suppose it has to do with vendors; if so the section heading should be changed to Group Grain Buys or something.

The rules state that it is only for "ingredients". I suppose it's there to protect the vendors that advertise on this site. Anyhow, I was told that I am not able to register as a vendor because I would need to be a licensed and registered entity. That's a lot more involved than I willing to get just to be able to post on this site. I have started a thread here for anyone that is interested:

http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/fTHYzTxQA3ev

or PM me for details.

Thanks!

Back