RH vs LH Threading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barganman04

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just picked up a Cornelius Primay and 4 Secondaries as well as a Norgren Dual Reg Primary and 4 secondaries.

I don't know how to tell what type of threading they have to buy the correct replacement gauges & couplers. I went to the company websites with no luck.

What to do?:mug:

On the back of most of my regulators, at each inlet or connection...its stamped LH or RH...take a look, it might say on yours.

Just picked up a Cornelius Primay and 4 Secondaries as well as a Norgren Dual Reg Primary and 4 secondaries.

I don't know how to tell what type of threading they have to buy the correct replacement gauges & couplers. I went to the company websites with no luck.

What to do?:mug:

If you look very closely at the last thread on the fitting you can tell. Looking at the female fitting on the regulator body, look at what direction the last thread is going. Counter-clockwise is standard thread, clockwise is LH.

Or, you can take a plain old pipe fitting (Of the right size of course) and see if it'll thread. If it does, it's RH - Otherwise it's LH (Also assuming that the threads aren't buggered.)

Low pressure fittings will probably be RH and high-pressure LH.

Not always. I was just messing with some regulators this weekend and found that one of them used LH and one RH for the high pressure fittings. It screwed up what I was trying to accomplish because I wanted to join them for a dual regulator setup. I think it was the Cornelius one that used RH threads and all the other regs I have are LH threads. All the ones that used left handed threads were always marked LH.

Latest posts

Back