First AG done...... with pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you have to drive all the way out in the country to do it? Ya know its perfectly legal. J/k bro looks frickin great. My first was a disaster. one down many to go.

tdavisii, what happened with the first brew? I gotta tell ya, once my 10 gallon system is running, I need to brew another Fat Tire... THAT STUFF IS SOOO GOOD, now I am getting cravings for it!

Pol

Nicely done. Welcome aboard. The drunken helper was a nice touch.

I think I saw Sheriff Buford back behind them thar woods.

Ain't nothin like a brew day in the country. My folks live out in BF Egypt so been der...don dat.

Woke up this mourning, and my air lock is going crazy. Just what I wanted to see. I was also pretty damn efficient for a first time Ag brew. My OG was 1.056. My goal was 1.065 so that is not that far off for a first time but i will do even better next time.:)

Congrats on the high efficiency. That's always nice, especially on your first. I've done 3 pure AG's, but a whole lotta "mostly-mashes". There really is something cool about getting all your sugars the ol' fashioned way...the same kind of feeling you get when you eat your own homegrown fruits and vegetables.

I gotta ask, though...given that you're brewing in the back of a pickup in the middle of a field, where's your water coming from?

My family has a house up near Gatlinburg Tennessee. There is a mountian spring way back up in the country up there that only locals know about (I found out from a friend of mine who is a local) I used that mountain spring water. I bought back like 20 gallons last time I went up. I tested it, it is perfect for making beer and tastes great!!!

Oh, and I did not make the beer in a field, that is my back yard.

Back