Turning Fridge into keggerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
I'm sure it's in the DIY section but I'm having trouble finding it. I have an old full size fridge that I want to convert to a keggerator with two or three taps on it. I see the tutorials for making a freezer into a keezer but not a normal size fridge.

Is there a tutorial on here about doing this. Also, what kind of cost am I looking at total for, a couple of cornies, a CO2 tank, and everything else involved with setting up two taps on the front of the fridge??

Any links here? Thanks.

Please help. Am I missing a DIY link here or something?

Not sure on the link for a conversion. If you have a standard upright fridge, check to see if the hinges on the door come off so that you can switch the swing of the door. If so, then there won't be any coolant lines running through the front door. You could drill right through there with no worries. If you're wanting to go through the sides, you'll have to do some more research.

2 Keg Basic Keg Kit, Dispenses two kegs at once! (Separate Check Valves!)

Brew Logic Dual Tap Draft System- with Reconditioned CO2 Tank :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

These seem to be the most popular 2-keg systems on the board at the moment. I ordered from kegconnection, but have been very unhappy with their customer service thus far. That aside....

One of these systems would allow you to start using your fridge, and you wouldn't have to convert it. Just open the door and use the picnic tap.

If you're wanting to convert, then you'll need faucets and shanks as well. Faucets will run about $30-40 for the new Perlicks I think. But you can find other kinds for cheaper.

Back