airlock water level

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evets said:
I believe you fill about halfway. I'm a newbie but I believe you gotta leave the cap off so the Co2 can escape.
you don't have to leave the top off...there are little holes in it...the gas can get out of there without any trouble.

MrEcted1 said:
hello,

I used an S shaped airlock on my last batch but I didn't like it because the cap kept blowing off. I decided to buy one of these

http://store.brewhut.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=263

but i'm not sure where I need the water level. Can someone help =)

thanks!
Where are you in Colorado? I use The Brew Hut for most of my home brew supplies. I live just down the street from them.
As has been stated, there is a line on the main body of the airlock. Just fill to that line.:mug:

homebrewer_99 said:
Take another look at it and you'll see a line on the outer piece. After you place the inner piece inside fill to the line.:D

guess I need new glasses =)

I had it way too low... hopefully everything is okay! =)

RichBrewer said:
Where are you in Colorado? I use The Brew Hut for most of my home brew supplies. I live just down the street from them.
As has been stated, there is a line on the main body of the airlock. Just fill to that line.:mug:

Cool! I have a buddy from work that goes there all the time.

I live in Wheat Ridge and I usually go to Stomp Them Grapes. Perhaps we should get together for a home-brew sometime!

I fill all of mine with boiled water. No issues yet. I like the 3 piece locks much better than the S bend ones.

Lou said:
you don't have to leave the top off...there are little holes in it...the gas can get out of there without any trouble.

Guess I need new glasses too! I never noticed the cap had holes in it! DUH!:drunk:

Back