Clarity ferm to DE gluten your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerface

Reaction score
So I stumbled upon yet another story about CLARITY FERM de glutenizing your beer. Is this true? I have read about this before but was wondering if anybody has had any experience with using this product. I would love to try it or if anyone can send me a link about an article online about this

So I stumbled upon yet another story about CLARITY FERM de glutenizing your beer. Is this true? I have read about this before but was wondering if anybody has had any experience with using this product. I would love to try it or if anyone can send me a link about an article online about this

It is supposed to lower the gluten level to the point that it qualifies as "gluten free" in the eyes of the FDA.
Check out the Sept/Oct 2016 issue of Zymurgy for an article about GF brewing and how CF affects flavor.

Ok, so I think I will try Clarity ferment to make a gluten reduced beer. A couple of quick questions.
1) Clarity fern will work on barley and wheat correct
2) should I use regular years or Gluten free yeasts
3) wondering mouthfeel with all grain beer. Should I use malto dextrin?
Any help would be super

I use it every batch. Does not change mouth feel. I do not see the difference between using it and not using it in flavor, head, anything really.

Since you add it with yeast and the enzyme breaks down gluten, I would assume any yeast.

Yes it works with both wheat and barley

I use it every batch. Does not change mouth feel. I do not see the difference between using it and not using it in flavor, head, anything really.

When I experimented with it I found a definite difference between the half a batch fermented with it and the half without it, starting with a difference in the final gravity.

so do you use malt dextrin on a regular basis? How much in a say 5 gallon batch

Back