Brew Vigor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
Does anyone use "Brew Vigor". I assume its a type of yeast nutrient. I am gonna try to use some to help the yeast out. How should it be added and can it be added again when you rack over to secondary? I am making a dark ale, using Nottingham(Danstar) 11g. My begining gravity was a 1080 which is what I was shooting for 5gal batch. because of the high gravity I used a starter just to help out. Any comments are appreciated, I used 9lbs of Munich extract, and it was a partial grain as well, but I dont have my sheet in front of me. Any comments are appreciated, and next time is there a yeast that will be better for me to use next time?

Dark_Ale said:
Does anyone use "Brew Vigor". I assume its a type of yeast nutrient. I am gonna try to use some to help the yeast out. How should it be added and can it be added again when you rack over to secondary? I am making a dark ale, using Nottingham(Danstar) 11g. My begining gravity was a 1080 which is what I was shooting for 5gal batch. because of the high gravity I used a starter just to help out. Any comments are appreciated, I used 9lbs of Munich extract, and it was a partial grain as well, but I dont have my sheet in front of me. Any comments are appreciated, and next time is there a yeast that will be better for me to use next time?
I used Nottingham in my Imperial Stout (about 10 lbs. of DME), and it seemed to work fine on its own...at one point, Brew Vigor was the LAST thing it needed!! Hahaha!!!

Back