Infection, Yeast colonies, or something else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_Thadeus_Toad

Reaction score
This sat on the trub about 6 weeks, longer then i would have liked but was unable to transfer it. was going to just keg it but it had a little strange oder to it. so i put it in secondary. any thought if its a infection, mold, yeast colonies? its only been in the secondary for about 4 days, but there is a lot of stuff forming at the bottom as well. (it is a spice beer) if that matters.

the flash makes it look worse then it is.
any help would be great.

Thank you

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

I just racked a spiced ale and it had similar floaters. I spiced with cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and figured it was from the spices. Did you spice with anything in powder form? How does it taste?

Ya spiced with pumpkin spice, it tasted alright had a slight taste of plastic/vinyl, kind like it smelled. it's not gross just a little off. Didn't know if that was from the spices as well. It's why I put it into secondary instead of just kegging it

Back