3 weeks airlock is still active

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasmeyer

Reaction score
Iv'e had my Solsun (Oberon clone) in my primary for 3 weeks now and was going to bottle it, but am not sure why I still have a bubble through my airlock every 20 seconds. With some kind of obvious fermentation still going on should I wait to bottle? The recipe uses wyeast 3724, and I have been able to keep my fermentation temps between 64-66* for the full 3 weeks (recipe calls for 64-68*) I did not try 3 "days in a row" of the same hydrometer reading because fermentation should be done within 3 weeks... or so I thought?

You can't really use a rule of thumb like it should be done in three weeks or anything like that because beer is a living org and can sometimes go very quickly and other times very slowly. Check your readings and see where you are at, I would take three in a row right now but I would take 1, then wait to see if the activity slows a little and check it again, if it comes down you know you are still brewing if it is the same reading you are probably done and ready to bottle. Always use the hydrometer as anything else can't tell you what is really going on. Good luck

Back