Anybody have a good Partial Mash Chocolate Stout recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I'm looking to brew a chocolate stout. I have a couple of recipes from friends, but one is all grain and the other one is for a larger volume than I can accommodate. Is there software or an online calculator I can use to convert the AG to PM, or to scale down the other recipe?

Any help is appreciated!

Ok....I have a bunch of recipes now. Just curious if there's anything I should know about brewing a stout? I've only brewed ales at this point.

Check out Austin Home Brew Supply. They have tons of recipe kits. They offer most of them in All Grain, Partial Mash, and Extract. Shipping is cheap. I just ordered a Turkish Coffee Stout partial mash kit from them. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I know you said you had plenty of recipes but here's the partial mash AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout anyway.

12oz Chocolate Malt
4oz Crystal 40L
2.25oz Pale Ale Malt
2oz Black Patent Malt
2oz Black Roasted Barley
5lb Dark Extract
8oz Malto Dextrin
1oz Belgian Cocoa Powder(probably could up this a bit)
holiday spice(cinnamon/nutmeg)
European Ale yeast

I made the AHB Chocolate Holiday Stout from the extract kit once, and my brother really liked it (so did I!). His friend wants to make it, but I can't find my recipe sheet - bad note keeping at the time. If it's not gross mis-conduct, could someone please post the recipe for the extract kit? I'd tell him to order it right from AHB, but he wants to brew today and get stuff from his LHBS.

(It's on sale, and I'm going to order a kit today! :) )

Thanks,
Brad

use a blow off stouts (atleast for me) tend to ferment furiously. i do have a extract with steeping grains recipe for a chocolate creme stout that i have made and still drinking now. if you want it

Back