Best Carboy Heater?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I need to get a Carboy Heater ASAP -- Any suggestions on which one to get and where to get it so I have it here in Atlanta by Monday Evening without paying an ass load for shipping?

I use the fermwrap, it's nice cause it spreads the heat over like 75% of the carboy. You will want a temp controller as to not overheat the beer, but with the two of those you will be real happy.

I use the fermwrap, it's nice cause it spreads the heat over like 75% of the carboy. You will want a temp controller as to not overheat the beer, but with the two of those you will be real happy.

FermWrap from MoreBeer?

Where do you all suggest getting the Temp Controller (Dual Stage) at a good price?

FermWrap from MoreBeer?

Where do you all suggest getting the Temp Controller (Dual Stage) at a good price?
I think I bought my Fermwrap from Northern Brewer, but I would be surprised if they were different products. As for a temp controller I have gotten 2 rancos off of ebay for around $40 shipped. I had to wire them up but I had a couple spare extension cords around I could cannibalize...so that was no big deal.

I think I bought my Fermwrap from Northern Brewer, but I would be surprised if they were different products. As for a temp controller I have gotten 2 rancos off of ebay for around $40 shipped. I had to wire them up but I had a couple spare extension cords around I could cannibalize...so that was no big deal.

How the hell do you consume all of that beer in your sig?

How the hell do you consume all of that beer in your sig?
A few of them are being aged so I haven't started in on those or I drink them very slowly. Then I enter a lot in competitions, but the rest of it I share. I personally only drink 3 or 4 pints a week, but everywhere I go I take growlers...so people like it when I come around. I like to brew way more than I like to drink, so I employ my friends to help balance things out.

I have actually filled all of my kegs, I am running out of room. I am brewing pretty much every week this month trying to fill the lambic & Flanders Red barrels and get enough beer around for my wifes graduation party and a couple of events where the homebrew club serves beer.

how do you guys attach your fermwrap to your carboy.. i think i saw one guy use an XL rubber band?

I put a 60W light bulp in my ferm fridge hooked up to the temp controller. Has been working pretty well so far.

Back