Is this the proper place to report a stolen beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishing

Someday I'll stop procrastinating
Reaction score
I sat down to dinner tonight with a glass of an APA I brewed last month. I've been trying a glass (or two) every evening and enjoying the effect that a day can have on flavor. SWMBO was sitting here beside me so I offered her a taste.... she took a sip... then stole my beer!!!! :ban: Made me feel pretty good actually!

Yeah, I'm sure not complaining...especially today since she hardly questioned my 100 mile trip to buy 6 cornies today,and didn't complain at all about my spending the afternoon cleaning kegs...making a CO2 manifold and filling one of the kegs. Made a mess of the kitchen and she still didn't complain. Wait.... that can't be my wife! Maybe it wasn't just my beer that was kidnapped today!!!

Yeah, it's always nice when your partner approves of you brewing!

In my case, at first there was criticism about the time and money I was spending. But, soon, much of the beer was good and it was disappearing!

I won the Survivor football pool here at HBT last year and bought my kegging gear start up with the winnings. That has been a huge hit, and today I bought my own barley crusher (see the related thread).

It was pointed out today that I drink a bit less than half of the homebrew brewed in this home. So, I guess that means approval in this home! I asked if there would be as much support for my hobby if I took up model railroads, and I got a big laugh and a resounding, "No!"

If your significant other loves your beer, you're golden!

I am gonna have to do a wheat beer for SWMBO since thats what she has decided she likes. She is more of a wine drinker... in fact the lady at the liquor store commented on the fact that Friday was the second time I had been in last week. SWMBO had a scrapbook party Friday night while I was brewing and I had to pick up the wine...
She definitely approves of my brewing since she spends as much if not more on scrapbooking!

I need to keep my girl. She helps me brew regularly. She was capping bottles last weekend when I was bottling.

:mug:

It's a great feeling to have the support/admiration of those around you.

You'll quickly come to resent it though! Don't let it spread that you make good beer... its like winning the lottery "friends" come out of the woodwork :rockin:

I sat down to dinner tonight with a glass of an APA I brewed last month. I've been trying a glass (or two) every evening and enjoying the effect that a day can have on flavor. SWMBO was sitting here beside me so I offered her a taste.... she took a sip... then stole my beer!!!! :ban: Made me feel pretty good actually!

Awesome:rockin:

SWMBO doesn't drink, and my assistant brewer is only 15, so I'm the only one in the house drinking it. But my wife likes me having a hobby and likes that our daughter and I have an activity to share together.

My problem is my "assistant" brewer.

I don't know how many times I have come home to find SWMBO and her girlfriends sitting around the kegerator drinking MY beer. I swear, our apartment has become the neighborhood girl-cave and I'm just the sorry bloke who dishes out the homebrew.

Though, being around drunk SWMBO and friends does have its perks. Sometimes...;)

I don't know how many times I have come home to find SWMBO and her girlfriends sitting around the kegerator drinking MY beer. I swear, our apartment has become the neighborhood girl-cave and I'm just the sorry bloke who dishes out the homebrew.

Though, being around drunk SWMBO and friends does have its perks. Sometimes...;)

got video? LOL

:mug:

It's a great feeling to have the support/admiration of those around you.

You'll quickly come to resent it though! Don't let it spread that you make good beer... its like winning the lottery "friends" come out of the woodwork :rockin:

My friend who started brewing has encountered that. People are drinking his stuff like crazy and he hardly gets any. :p

Pics or it didn't happen!!:tank:

Back