Inline Flow meter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNBugeater

Reaction score
I saw the headline in this forum about the inline temperature probe and i used to use these to know if the temp coming out of my CFC was at my desired pitching temperature. If it was too low i would decrease the flow of my cooling water, and vice versa is the temp was too hot.

I was thinking...is there a similar device that would measure flow rate in line that is economical? I am about to start using a recirculating brewing system and in addition to matching flow rates between the recirculating mash and sparge water, I thought it would also be very nice to monitor the flow rate of my mash to brew kettle and lauter to mash tun rates. This way, after some data recording, i can accurately set my flow to the desired length of sparge and increase not only efficiency but also reproduce results more consistently.

Thoughts?

MNBugeater

I have looked for his also. It looks like all the models have 1/8 NPT except 85 and 86.

The VFB 85 has a flow rate down to 0.2 GMP which is low enough to accurately monitor 0.8 quarts per minute and up. I like to run off at 1 quart per minute so this would work well.

coolumb :ban:

Ouch! $65.50 per flow meter, part number VFB-85-EC-SS

This one has 3/8 inch NPT connections with Stainless internals so it is really nice. Maybe I will get these for Christmas, now to buy Santa's Elf some flowers....

Back