Best Pumpkin Ale Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DurangoMatt

Reaction score
Been looking for a Pumpkin Ale Kit or Recipe (extract). I have found a lot of them but most have reviews or comments where they would change the kit or recipe. Anyone have one that works and is great?

I just brewed Midwest's. I made a tea of 1cup water, 2t of pumpkin pie spice, and 1T of pure vanilla and added it to secondary. It tastes fantastic. Kinda like Pumpking.

I have Morebeers "Thanksgiving" ale fermenting as we speak. Out of everything I've looked at i like there grain bill the best.

12 oz Crystal 40l
8oz Caravinne
2oz Chocolate

This not only gives me the color i want but the roasty flavor too. I do build on it with extra DME and added spice.

Made the pumpkin ale from AHS last nite. Sorry I won't be able to give feedback on the taste for awhile.

I brewed this on Saturday (homemade recipe comprised of bits of pieces from a bunch of pumpkin recipes):

http://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/2013-pumpkin-ale

I think I'll be adding some more pumpkin spice based on tasting the wort, but want to let it ferment down first before dumping anything else in. I was surprised by how far the 1/2 lb. of brown sugar went. I'm actually hoping some of that dies down in fermentation.

PS - I baked my pumpkin with a TINY bit of brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice for 30 mins, then put it in the boil at 60 mins.

endorphine44 said:
I ordered the Midwest kit last Friday, shipping is delayed, hopefully it'll be here soon.

Well, it shipped Tuesday, should be here Friday. So not too bad of a delay, just a couple of business days.

I will be making Northern Brewers Smashing Pumpkin once a fermentor frees up in about two weeks.

Back