NO Facebook! I hates social Media

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
sorry.

Not wanting to call anyone out specifically, but the anti-facebook crowd that is so proud of not social media usage, should know that HBT is 10 times more social than Facebook.

Unless you ONLY post about beer here, then you is socially mediating sucka!

HBT is a sad (to the rest of the world) version of facebook only with a much higher percentage of AWESOMENESS (to us) than facebook has.

SO GET OFF IT!

I only check my facebook once a week to see if anyone died.

I check in here 5 times a day!

if you access FACEBOOK more than twice a day....

You might be a ******...

if you post to Fbook more than 3 posts a day...

You might be a ******...

if you post every time you sit down to a meal, telling where you are and who you are with...F()CKING STOP IT!!! You are a ******.

And believe me, every time you post "(so and so) is at TGI Fridays with (dude) and (slut) enjoying a miller! GO BIG BLUE!" your "friends" consider setting you to "ignore" and will someday do it.

Posting on HBT more than 100 posts a day is discouraged, but not immediate grounds for *****ehood.

Posting more than 100 times a dqay is discouraged?

Well, I must be as fresh as a summer eve then.

I don't FaceBook. Had a bad experience.

My MIL was upset that I unfriended her. We both got over it.

Last facebooking I did was messaging some friends about another friend's bachelor party (just bros getting together to jam and drink). It was so handy.

People that have been using FB for a while STILL post private info that, in my personal opinion, should have stayed private. And I'm not talking about school kids posting their relationship crap either...

Just do whatever you want. Its just stupid to rant about ANYTHING you do or don't do. This is a forum to learn about brewing

Well this website is social but also insanely informative. I appreciate all the people on here that have taken time to give advice to others. It is nice to get on here and get answers from people who have had the same issues and questions. For the people that post a 100 times so what. If your passionate about beer why wouldn't you want to get on here and discuss it with your fellow. Brew brothers. I don't see the correlation between HBT and Facebook other then we communicate with others. Not quite sure what you're so upset about. I'm sorry to the OP if I misunderstood you. Carry on

I do enjoy a guano-crazy style rant. Made a couple myself, haha. I think what most reasonable people dislike are both the mindless facebookers and the hipster retros who think they are cool or interesting somehow if they boycott facebook. People should either use it or dont and enjoy or not enjoy using it whilst living the rest of their lives.

I think most of us would rather be identified by what we DO do. Thats why there is no subforum here for people who dislike brewing.

Well this website is social but also insanely informative. I appreciate all the people on here that have taken time to give advice to others. It is nice to get on here and get answers from people who have had the same issues and questions. For the people that post a 100 times so what. If your passionate about beer why wouldn't you want to get on here and discuss it with your fellow. Brew brothers. I don't see the correlation between HBT and Facebook other then we communicate with others. Not quite sure what you're so upset about. I'm sorry to the OP if I misunderstood you. Carry on

No rant here, I am offended!;) Nope I just wanted a dose of reality for those who think they are social media free, but are on here telling us what they did last night.

There have been posts, even whole threads on FB and social media bashing.

I do enjoy a guano-crazy style rant. Made a couple myself, haha. I think what most reasonable people dislike are both the mindless facebookers and the hipster retros who think they are cool or interesting somehow if they boycott facebook. People should either use it or dont and enjoy or not enjoy using it whilst living the rest of their lives.

I think most of us would rather be identified by what we DO do. Thats why there is no subforum here for people who dislike brewing.

Yeaaaaah. My rant was twofold and therefore more than most can handle.

Facebook has it's uses. That was why I gave my guidelines.

Post of FB all the time, you aren't using it, it is using you.

Post about how you don't use FB (social media) and you are engaging in social media.

How is this rant any different than "(so and so) is at TGI Fridays with (dude) and (slut) enjoying a miller! GO BIG BLUE!"???

btw I love facebook. My open tabs are usually here, facebook and my email. We have a really cool local brewers group on there, plus most of my friends on there are from here, so it's like an extension, plus the rest of my friends and family.

Many of us today are waiting for status update from Terrapinchef about the birth of his baby.....which has been going on since late last night.

How is this rant any different than "(so and so) is at TGI Fridays with (dude) and (slut) enjoying a miller! GO BIG BLUE!"???

btw I love facebook. My open tabs are usually here, facebook and my email. We have a really cool local brewers group on there, plus most of my friends on there are from here, so it's like an extension, plus the rest of my friends and family.

Many of us today are waiting for status update from Terrapinchef about the birth of his baby.....which has been going on since late last night.

*presses Like button*

*presses Like button*

I think here it's the
thumbs_up.gif
button.

FYI, Ed (Terrapinchef's) latest status update is from an hour ago.

So she's not technically into "true labor" yet. So there's not a lot to tell. Keep waiting everyone...

They've been at the hospital since 6 or 7 pm yesterday afternoon.

Primarilly because it is HERE, not on FB, but you are kinda making my point.

HBT is LIKE FB but 10 times cooler.

Here, you have to pick what you want to read, FB shoves everything in front of you whether you want to see it or not.

Back