Can't take faucet off?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc03

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the kegerator world and am trying to replace a broken faucet. I have the correct wrench and am able to turn the threaded, circular nut with the wrench forward towards the base and back towards where you would be standing when you pour a beer. The nut is free in the middle. The actual faucet won't budge though. I'm not sure which direction I need to go or if I need to put a wrench on the actual faucet and turn it loose? I don't want to break the tower before I even pour a beer. Thanks in advance.

Are you saying turn the nut clockwise until everything comes off? It got hard to turn and I stopped for fear I'd break something. Do you just apply pressure?

Yeah, the round nut with the spanner wrench will go clockwise to loosen up the faucet.. Sometimes you should flush with sum hot water but it sound like you got a used unit that you can't hook anything up to try and flush...

Dried beer or rust. If the nut is loose you can hit the faucet with some hot air from a blow dryer or torch to try and loosen the gunk.

I had an intractably stuck faucet once that I actually killed a faucet wrench on. I shot some Liquid Wrench in the space between the nut and the faucet, ran down to the LHBS to get a new wrench, came home (~40 minutes round-trip) and that faucet nut came free so easily I damned near sprained my wrist...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back