Wanted: Strawberry Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy1207

Reaction score
I'm looking for a strawberry blonde. I've never had one, or even a blonde for that matter. I've made one for my gf and I'm adding strawberry tonight. I wanted to try an example that is within style guidelines. Does anyone know of any good examples? I live in San Diego, so it would have to be a beer I'm able to get my hands upon, I used to see one in my local grocery store, but now I can't find it. Also I'd be willing to part if anyone local has an example within style.

Pete's Strawberry Blonde is one example you can probably get at your local liquor store

makomachine said:
Pete's Strawberry Blonde is one example you can probably get at your local liquor store

That was what I used to see, I can't seem to find it, maybe I just have to look harder.

Maybe you cannot get it down in SD, but in LA there is a Strawberry Blonde by Belmont Brewing in Long Beach that is distributed in 22oz bottles to stores in the region.

Personally, I do not like Pete's or Belmont so much because they both use strawberry extract/flavoring, and not real strawberries. The flavor has a weird chemical edge to it that I do not like.

And although they did discontinue Pete's, I have still seen Strawberry Blonde on store shelves around here. I just saw some this weekend.

Also if you want a homebrew within style, mine has done well in competitions. Won a gold medal, scored a 39 and a 40. Recipe is in my little dropdown thing.

I was thinking about taking a trip up to LA, but I am a little turned off by the idea of strawberry extract. I guess I could get an idea of they style though. It's just going to be a while before I actually get up there :(

Fruli Strawberry is my favourite fruit beer. Love it on a hot day!

Hopefully one day I can come close to the recipe in my homebrew.

Back