You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was actually referring to the cost of ingredients and time. I have no worries about some faceless officer coming to bust my homebrew operation. I would be proud of having a garage floor full of full carboys. What a sight that would be.

I love how people are afraid of going over the 200 gallon limit. If you drink it all how are they going to find out…

There was a thread all about whether someone could brew for someone else & get paid for the service that got shut down by one of the mods because it was borderline illegal. Brewing more than 200 gallons (without paying your taxes to the feds) is clearly illegal. Thin ice, watch your step...

A guy I know just made himself a 100 gallon HLT, 100 gallon mash tun and a 200 gallon boil kettle - all stainless! Now that's a serious homebrewer!

Obviously compensating for something. My Mash tun is bigger than yours.

demotivational-posters-your-schwartz.jpg

I love how people are afraid of going over the 200 gallon limit. If you drink it all how are they going to find out…

Well, now they know. 'Cause the NSA is monitoring this thread. And the ATF really has the black helicopters. Don't even get me started on the National Weather Service. It's obvious that they don't really forecast the weather...

Well, now they know. 'Cause the NSA is monitoring this thread. And the ATF really has the black helicopters. Don't even get me started on the National Weather Service. It's obvious that they don't really forecast the weather...

Forecast, no
Control, yes

When the thought of possibly maxing out the limit of brewing 200 gallons of beer or wine is no longer a daunting idea! BTW, does hard cider fall under the wine category for limits? Or does it has its own category?

When the thought of possibly maxing out the limit of brewing 200 gallons of beer or wine is no longer a daunting idea! BTW, does hard cider fall under the wine category for limits? Or does it has its own category?

We should lobby to change the law from "total home production" to wine, beer and cider all have their own 300 gallon limit... :D :tank:

You have 2 beers on tap, 3 in various stages of fermentation or aging, but feel an extreme urge to fill your last available carboy with wort and yeast ASAP!

And after you fill it you realize that you don't have an empty vessel to use "in case you get inspired" so you go to your LHBS and buy another, so you can have an empty.

Vicious cycle.

Nothing makes me happier than hitting planned numbers. Took 3 FG readings that where dead on yesterday, kind of made my whole day.

When you dream of seeing airlock activity when you wake up after a double brew day.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You're "that guy" at the office who can't bring alcohol to work, but brings homebrewed root beer to the company Oktoberfest instead.

When you have to go out of town for work and you look up the nearest hbs just Incase...

--------------------------------------

Where do you place your probe?

When you contact your city's water treatment plant laboratory to inquire about concentrations of a variety of ions in the city's water supply.

You know your city's water treatment plant laboratory supervisor is equally as large of a home brewer when his reply includes, "I can tell you from personal experience that the City's water is fairly optimal for the majority of common beers"

:rockin:

When you contact your city's water treatment plant laboratory to inquire about concentrations of a variety of ions in the city's water supply.

You know your city's water treatment plant laboratory supervisor is equally as large of a home brewer when his reply includes, "I can tell you from personal experience that the City's water is fairly optimal for the majority of common beers"

:rockin:

But did he give you the report?

You know you live in a home brew city when your city's water report looks like this. Notice it even includes average ground water temps for chilling.

Water Chem Tacoma Brewing.jpg

You're in a craft brew shop listening to the sales person tell you about beer and just knodding your head and smiling thinking... I'm well aware of that, and that... oh yes... and that. Only to finally get a word in to let them know that you're a home brewer. At which point, the instruction completely stops and you're left wondering why they won't offer any more information. It was really good information... very helpful... very informative. I've actually stopped letting them know that I'm a home brewer actually. There are so many beers and so many styles that I still haven't tried. I really would like to get the info from them.

For me the first was having dreams after a brew day where I'd dream having forgetton stuff. Like I'd be dreaming and say, "Oh no... I forgot to clean my mash tun and brew kettle.". Or, "Oh no, did I pitch the yeast? I forgot to pitch the yeast!!!!!" lol. I don't have those dreams anymore of course. So now it's pretty much actively looking at the weather report daily to see if the weather will allow me to brew as planned on my weekends/days off. I can only boil outdoors, for several reasons, but mash indoors. So if the weather report says rain or high winds my day is ruined. I often even check 2-3 different weather report websites. So sad lmao. :D

Rev.

when you replace the f-bomb with flocc on a more than regular basis at work.

Been there, done that.

Spoiler alert: It's a great way to discover your new boss is also a homebrewer.

Surprised you didn't say "when you take 3 Chubs at the same time".

Great video.

When you walk up the stairs after get the laundry and get stopped for 5-10
Mins watching the blow off activity in your latest brew that's fermenting

Back