What do you think if this cider recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it? I just lifted that amount from another recipe. I may just do dextrose. Same as beer? 5oz for 5gal?

Yes. 1 oz of sugar per gallon.

If you want to use concentrate/juice/syrup/fundip/edibleunderwear/etc to prime, you need to read the nutritional info and figure out how many grams of sugar are in a serving size, and do the math. 1 oz = ~28grams

Whenever using a natural product (like juice or concentrate) to prime, you should always err on the side of caution, since sugar levels can vary from batch to batch and the printed nutritional info is just an average.

If you want to use concentrate/juice/syrup/fundip/edibleunderwear/etc to prime, you need to read the nutritional info and figure out how many grams of sugar are in a serving size, and do the math. 1 oz = ~28grams

+1

Last time I carbed up some AW I used a can of concentrate minus 1/4 cup and that worked out perfectly. Just do the math.

wait...fundip and edible underwear? :drunk:

sweet, I put it in the carboy today. Now all I have to do is wait....
English Pale Ale on the left, Apfelwein on the right
4159_1151225696631_1107270394_30471083_1427285_n.jpg

+1

Last time I carbed up some AW I used a can of concentrate minus 1/4 cup and that worked out perfectly. Just do the math.

wait...fundip and edible underwear? :drunk:

Does edible underwear require nutritional info? Haha

What can I bottle in? I don't want to tie up all my beer bottles.

Well you are gonna be atleast 1 year before it tastes any good. I wouldn't use montrachet in the future, it is the worst tasting yeast I have tried.

If you want a faster turn around use a beer yeast, it will be good to drink a couple of months.

MGAZ - Wow, that color at 1.070 SG, usually mine is still a solid copper.
If you want to make a quick cider under 12%, I would go with WLP300, it just taste fantastic after a month and half, with crash cooling the last week.
That way you can start that batch now, and give your cider/wine time to age nicely. Your IPA should be a distance memory before that is ready.

Back