My little kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camiller

Reaction score
Doner freezer, you can see the new 20amp dedicated circuit just to the left under the breaker box.
IMG_3904.JPG

All the cooling aperatus is on top. No lines in the walls to worry about if I need to make a hole.
IMG_3930.JPG

Right hand side. I added the flat perforated bars, you will see why later. Cold air is forced down the louvered column in the back.
IMG_3909.JPG

Regulator Manifold. Regs were all given to me. Ended up taking the stuff off the left to have room to mount it.

IMG_3905.JPG

Dry fit, 8 cornies on the right side, you can see the top of the 10# co2 tank just left of the cornies. You can see shelving I added on the left, originally the freezer only had rails to hold commercial sized baking sheets/pans etc. I used the white plastic coated shelving to make shelves.

IMG_3906.JPG

IMG_3907.JPG

High tech tap locks:

IMG_3929.JPG

False panel with faucets. Piano hinge on the right, there is a bit of a bow in the wall so the hinge doesn't fit flush near the top.

IMG_3925.JPG

False panel open. There is a "door jamb" of the same material on the left attached to the flat stock I added. The false panel material is two thin sheets of anodized aluminum with a foam core between them. It is very ridged. I only had to add that bit of wood in the back because the shanks are not threaded for the last inch or so.

IMG_3928.JPG

I hadn't compleatly decided on the false pannel stuff when I ordered my stuff so that shanks are much longer than I need. All the shanks have 1/4" MFL nipples to make it easy to swap out a hose, etc.

IMG_3927.JPG

Looks like you can fit at least 16 kegs on the bottom. Get more taps and get to brewing! That's awesome though.

Looks like you can fit at least 16 kegs on the bottom. Get more taps and get to brewing! That's awesome though.

If I put the CO2 outside I could probably squeeze 17 in the bottom. Even though the the freezer, regulators, and temp controller were free I ordered everything else new (except 10 used cornies) I hope to add a couple more faucets and a stout faucet at some point but SWMBO felt like I spent enough for now.

....I could probably squeeze 17 in the bottom....

Do it!!! It could be the most epic kegerator ever! You could get some manifolds and run them from the regulators... Running more than 4 pressures at once would be surprising, though not un-heard of..... Perlicks are getting cheaper and cheaper you know ;) :ban::ban::mug::tank:

That's pretty amazing. I like the false panel idea... any issues with condensation build-up on it?

normally no, but I took most of the final pics right after I finished it so it was open a lot. I had already keged 3 batches so it had been running at serving temp for a couple weeks with just the gas side installed. I finally got the serving side installed Friday.

I have been shopping for a two door commercial cooler to do this with. I know rates differ from place to place but im curious if you have had a chance to gauge how much this added to your electric bill?

looks awesome!

Crap! noticed how old this post is .. oh well.

I have been shopping for a two door commercial cooler to do this with. I know rates differ from place to place but im curious if you have had a chance to gauge how much this added to your electric bill?

looks awesome!

Crap! noticed how old this post is .. oh well.

No worries. Frankly, I've been afraid to actually check. I consider it a good sign that my wife did mention that the electric bill spiked when this kegerator went into service.

Back