Brewday 5-24-08 - 1st time with new setup..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
So, finally got unpacked enough to do my first brew with my new setup.. made a cream ale for my father...

New items used this time:

1. Direct fire mash tun and water tun on cart purchased locally from academy sports.
2. March pump (forgot to tighten one of the barbs.. was a leak for a little while)
3. Bazooka tube
4. Fermentation fridge with Johnson control.
5. Homemade mash paddle

All in all.. it was pretty successful of a day.. need to get used to the DFMT, hitting the temps was fun.

icon_003.jpg

new setup

icon_005.jpg

yeast starter

icon_006.jpg

finished product in the fridge..

icon_004.jpg

fridge and controls, plus the kegerator...

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8O0bMI5EQhE[/ame]
plate chiller in action

How did the academy cart work for you? Did you recirculate your mash while direct heating it?

Looking good, but you need to scale your pics down to about 800x600 before linking.

lol.. yeah for some reason i thought it did that automatically.. it did for the last pic.. hmmm (fixed it)

no, i didnt think about doing that to the mash..always learning..

the fridge, like i said, is at 68ish... and the freezer is in the 40's like 45-41.. not very stable.. but should stay around those temps.. but changes quickly if the door is open.

yeah, i looked at it yesterday.. and it was in the mid 50's so not sure how well it will work for you.

How do you drink all that beer with out an over weight ex WKU hockey player around to help?

Back