sanyo 4912

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people say it's possible if you build the exactly perfect shelf to fit the CO2 tank on while still allowing the tanks to sit all the way back. Personally, I can barely get it closed with the shelves removed.

Is it possible to fit 2 cornies and a 5lb co2 tank inside a 4912 without removing the door shelving?
Yes, but it's a tight squeeze. You'll have to remove the bottom shelf, reverse it end to end, flip it 90° and reinstall. There are two little plastic bumps on the shelf which normally hold it in place. I buzzed these off with a Dremel to help the shelf fit well in it's new orientation. Secure it in this position with two small sheet metal screws, or it will surely fall out once it's occupied.

My tank is resting on a small plywood shelf, and held against the back with short bungie cord. The kegs need to be pushed all the way back...you may have to wiggle them into position a bit to get the door closed. If it's all in there correctly, the door WILL close and seal.

I came real close to gutting the door, but now I'm really glad I didn't. The space is very handy...mine holds my yeast packets/vials, Ferm-Cap, a few misc bottles of beer, etc. I even use the can holder for sodas. As an added bonus, the switched light still works.

Yes, but it's a tight squeeze.

I am able to fit 2 cornies and a 5# tank in using BlindLemonLars method. I don't use a plywood shelf yet, but I plan on building 1. The bungy cord idea sounds good too.

Back