Swapping taps to Perlicks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kealia

Reaction score
I recently bought a two tap kegerator and want to swap the taps out to Perlicks (525).

I've been running on picnic taps for the past 2 years so this is a bit new to me. Do I just need to buy the taps themselves? Meaning, I assume they will screw into the existing bases on the tower right?

Or is there something else I need to buy (backside). Apologies for not knowing the right terminology yet. While kegging isn't new to me, real taps are.

Mahalo~

Kealia said:
I recently bought a two tap kegerator and want to swap the taps out to Perlicks (525). I've been running on picnic taps for the past 2 years so this is a bit new to me. Do I just need to buy the taps themselves? Meaning, I assume they will screw into the existing bases on the tower right? Or is there something else I need to buy (backside). Apologies for not knowing the right terminology yet. While kegging isn't new to me, real taps are. Mahalo~
Here is my set up. I just unscrewed the std taps and screwed on my Perlicks. You will need a tap wrench.

View attachment 156447

I'm not sure of the exact model (I'll get it later) but I know it's an Edgestar, with a tower and two facets.

Govner1 - when you say you just unscrewed them...is that the part that is OUTSIDE of the tower where there is just a ring? So the Perlicks just screw in on that side or do you have to take apart and replace the parts that are inside of the tower, too?

I'm looking at these on Amazon and it looks like they would just screw on the front/outside of the tower.

Perlicks at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, you are over thinking this. If you already have something attached to the tower on the inside they would be called shanks and you attach the faucet, whatever kind, to the shank.
A faucet wrench will help, however I have tightened faucets by hand and by plyer type wrenches in the past.

ForumRunner_20131026_230148.jpg

A faucet wrench looks like this and is like 5 bucks...it's worth some swearing.

Attach whatever faucet to the shank in the tower and you are good to go.

Back