Oskar Blues Ten Fidy... best beer ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, it's good but not even the best Imperial Stout in my opinion... much less the best beer ever.

I'd rather drink Old Rasputin.

We're having a tasting next month of pretty much all of what are considered to be the best Imperial Stouts in the world...

Abyss
Kate the Great
Hunaphu's
Dark Lord
Darkness
Speedway
Old Rasputin (regular and barrel aged)
Ten Fidy
etc. etc. Ask me after that and I will let you know how Ten Fidy stacks up.

I posted this after drinking 2 of these, hahaha. Drunken hyperbole, my friends! :D

It is definitely one of my all time favorites though.

ten fidy is a great beer, but i like gordon better from them.

the best ris imo is the abyss.

Just wasn't too impressed, the market is pretty saturated with RIS's with winter and there are some that far surpass Oscar's IMO. I just picked up a 12 year Old Rasputin last weekend. Gonna let it go to fifteen and pop it open. Hope its worth it!

The first time I had Ten Fidy, I really like it but since then I've tried it two more times and both times it was extremely sweet. Too sweet for me to even enjoy. I don't know if the first can was good and the next two were bad or vice versa, but I've stayed away from it since. I had each one a few months apart.

Great Divide Yeti is up there with the best of 'em.

Especially the Chocolate Oak aged.

nooooo, ten fiddy is decent in my opinion, but way too syrupy sweet. Maybe aged 3-5 years it would be great. Kinda like Dragons Milk.

I am a mostly stout fan and I would have to say the the best imho are as follows:Founder breakfast, Founders kentucky breakfast(I know, against the grain), Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti, Rogue Shakespear, Brooklyn Black Chocalate, Ten Fiddy.

I had the pleasure of a Ten Fidy draft last night. Got to be one of my favorites. Thr syrup/sweet taste made me savor it that much more:)

The best Imperial Stout I've ever had (better than Darkness, Dark Lord, KtG, Hunahpu, etc) is New England Brewing Imperial Stout Trooper.

+1 IST fantastic brew, trying to get some as we speak. I have a friend going to New England over the weekend. I know it is still on some shelves.

Back