GFCI Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zGrubermeister

Reaction score
I'd like a double check on the line in wiring for my GFCI. Let me know if you see any funny business. Thanks.

GFCIWiring.jpg

I believe your green ground wire needs to be on the same bus as your "neutral."

What about it electricians - am I correct?

Looks correct. I just wired the same box (HomeDepot). Do not put ground to neutral, they are only tied together in you main panel.

Right, ground and neutral are only tied in the main panel, this is not the main. Looks good!

I believe your green ground wire needs to be on the same bus as your "neutral."

What about it electricians - am I correct?

You only need that at the first point of disconnect at you house and nowhere else. Is this a 120 or 240 outlet? Look like you kind of overkilled it.(i.e. box, wire size, etc)

How would I wire the exact same panel using only 3 wires (Hot A, Hot B, and ground/neutral) and achieve gfci protection? My panel will be fed by a 3 prong 240v dryer outlet.

How would I wire the exact same panel using only 3 wires (Hot A, Hot B, and ground/neutral) and achieve gfci protection? My panel will be fed by a 3 prong 240v dryer outlet.

IIRC, I wired the incoming neutral/ground to the neutral block where the white pigtail from the breaker is wired, then ran a wire from there to the ground block on the right side of the panel, and wired the output ground to the ground block. I only use the two hots and ground - I don't need or use a neutral; i.e., 240 volts only, no 120 volt available.

Back