2009 Fantasy Football Veterans League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
Almost time to start thinking about FF....would the Veteran League members please raise their hands?

If I had my hands raised, I wouldn't be able to type a response. Unless I was holding my laptop up also, but even then it would be difficult........

But I digress. I'm in.

Maybe if we can't get in the veteran league we can start a reject league :)

We've had two leagues in the past- the old timers and the noobs league. We can't call it a "reject" league- that's mean!

Once we get the "roster" of the original group, I'm sure it'll be open to a few new players. That's why Boston posted, I'm sure- to see which of the last players from the last several years are still wanting to play.

I don't remember who all played last year, but maybe a PM would be in order. I haven't seen the_bird around much, but he should definitely play! There are others, too, but my memory sucks too bad to remember who else I lost to.

the_bird and Walker for sure. I'd have to go check to see who else played last year.

Anybody remember who STIFFED us last season? He shouldn't be invited back.

If we can't remember the players, I can go back into my Paypal account and try to recreate who paid.

Remember that I sent you a check... which you ended up tearing up, since I finished third and just got back my entry fee.

Was $20 a head a good buy-in for the league? I know there were a couple of rule changes I wanted to propose about scoring, etc. but it's been so long that I can't remember what they were.

I'll get the '09 league setup today. I got into last year's league and here's who participated last year:

Yooperbrew
ohiobrewtus
Bernie Brewer
the_bird
Warped04
todd_k
DesertBrew
Bearcat Brewmeister
olllllo
boston
Walker-san
eriktlupus

So do we not want to invite the late payer back? I'm going to send invites out to everyone who played last year once I hear back from a couple of people.

So do we not want to invite the late payer back? I'm going to send invites out to everyone who played last year once I hear back from a couple of people.

I wouldn't. Like I said, he eventually paid up, but he didn't participate during the season either- he never even showed up to manage his team.

Invites have been sent out (I think). We do have an open spot now. By default I'd go with schweaty since he was the first to reply with interest, but there's always the option of taking it to more teams as well.

I copied all settings from last year's league.

Invites have been sent out (I think). We do have an open spot now. By default I'd go with schweaty since he was the first to reply with interest, but there's always the option of taking it to more teams as well.

I copied all settings from last year's league.

Would a few pounds of fresh hops change your mind on who gets the open spot? ;)

I think that if we have an opening or two, we should first consider the people from the "noob" league that asked last year to play with us big boys. I think HighPlainsDrifter was one, but I don't remember anybody else. Damn this middle aged memory!

Let's see who signs up and then decide what to do later if there are any vacancies. We may want to go with a 10 team league. If we do decide to fill the empty roster spots, we certainly don't want any more *****ebags....new member(s) would have to be someone we all know, someone who has been a paying member of HBT for at least a couple of years. Just my 2 cents.

The draft date is currently set for Friday, August 28th at 8 pm.

I can make it for a Sunday evening instead if that works out better for everyone. Odds are that we're not going to be able to find a time where everyone will be able to make it so we'll go with the majority. Let me know if the current time and date for the live draft works for you and if it doesn't, let me know what days/times work out best.

I'd prefer a Sunday evening, or a weeknight, but I can try to make it on a Friday night. I'm not usually near a computer on Friday evenings or Saturdays. If I can't make it, I can auto pick if I have to.

I'm not a ********* :) I know my NFL football and would play until the end of the season no matter what my record is. I'm currently in one other league and only really want to do two this year and would be happy if that other one was HBT. I'm good for the funds as well, just so you know that wouldn't be a problem.

Is anyone on top of the rejects league? I run a few fantasy leagues each year and would have no problem setting up another one for us ********* non-veteran rejects :D

well ohio seems we only have 7 teams signed in so far. should we be sending invites out to a few for remaining spots? last years noob league was bearcat brewmiester, warped04, highplainsdrifter, and myself. i'm not sure who is still hanging around since the league kinda died about 4wks in last year with a couple not even touching their teams the rest of the year. warped had control of it last year.

Back