Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is very straight forward Chris, I own the 7.5 gallon and love it! Just make sure to clean it with non abrasive materials, I use a soft sponge/towel and iodophor to clean/sanitize before and after each use. I also take all the fittings apart and sanitize those in boiling water before use and when fermentation is done (both primary & secondary obviously :D ) I tear it down and give it a thorough cleaning, although some folks do not do this everytime. Collecting your yeast and trub is a snap!

There is info on this board if you Search this board with Google "Advantages of using a Conical Fermenter " in the search dropdown.

Cheers!:rockin:

Chris_Dog said:
I there a how to for using a Conical Fermenter. It seems pretty straight forward but I just wanted to review.

Cheers!!! :mug:

Chris Colby of Brew Your Own had an article in a recent edition; he seemed to have some sound advice.

Back