50's record player cabinet turned conditioning cabinet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vogtenstein222

Reaction score
SWMBO managed to snag an old (guessing 50's -60's era) Sears phono cabinet. She's kind of a hipster, except we don't have records around the house. So I asked, and she said sure. These are the start, plenty of work to do yet, but I needed somewhere dark to condition.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the insides in its old glory. But here's the outside.

image-3654512127.jpg

The plan is to insulate it (I've actually got that half done now but because it perfectly fits 2 lengthwise or 3 width wise, I have to mod it a bit more for the insulation to fit and not lose too much storage.) and eventually I plan to strip a mini fridge and rebuild the inside of the cabinet to make it a ferm chamber instead.

And the inside.
image-35118259.jpg

The speakers are actually still intact on each side. Those will get pulled eventually as it is the perfect size for a corny keg on each side. I'll be able to ferment in the middle and run two kegs to a top mounted double tap. That won't happen until I go all grain though.
I also am going to have my dad help a bit with it. He's a pretty good wood carver so my buddy is going to draw the logo on the top of the cabinet and my dads gonna relief carve it. (Think the Sons of Anarchy "church" table, but beer)

Back