Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglewwit

Reaction score
I just my new conical. I got the one off ebay for $320, looks to be a good deal. First what are the two valves used for. The bottom one you dump trub from, the top one, is that for gravity samples? I guess you get the yeast from the bottom. Any tricks and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The top valve if used in conjunction with a racking arm can be used for both sampling and bottling. The bottom valve is used almost solely for dumping yeast. Are you going for a Mini Brew Poly Conical or did you find an SS for that cheap?

It is a SS I got on Ebay, looks to be a pretty good deal. It's not Blichman quality, but it will get the job done.

I guess I need to buy some sort of racking arm accessory for it?

Doubtful... The SS conicals are usually top quality. It will probably come with all the bells and whistles you need. Congrats!

No it just sits in a little tripod stand. You can pick up the fermenter for cleaning.

That sounds a lot like the build that Yuri_Rage did. You might want to take a look at his thread.

Back