What about a regional or city virtual brew competition?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShepFL

ShepFL
Reaction score
I am an avid bow hunter and every year the forum (AT) sponsors a bow team competition. Hunters in same geographic area form up teams and post their deer.

I am thinking something like this would be fun on this forum and Sr. member (longest registered member of HBT) would be captain.

Teams form and brew specific style beers and aggregate scores according to pre-defined judging rules. Pics would be posted of team brew day and individual brewers. Thinking this would be fun way to meet other brewers, improve your skills and have a exposure to brews you would otherwise not consider (I am no hop head).

Thoughts?

This already happens, though not a site-wide event. There are many places that have members get together to brew, eat and drink. I've been to several over the years myself. I think the best way to have this happen is to contact people in your area and see if some of them want to get together.

It's always a good time, just have to get everyone on board and pick a time and place they can all work with.

this already happens, though not a site-wide event. There are many places that have members get together to brew, eat and drink. I've been to several over the years myself. I think the best way to have this happen is to contact people in your area and see if some of them want to get together.

It's always a good time, just have to get everyone on board and pick a time and place they can all work with.

10-4

Back