The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I used Uber, the Guy asked what have you been up to tonight?
I said, went to a craft beer event in Rocklin and he said that’s 5 miles
From here! Yep, it took me 5 miles
Of walking to figure out how to sober
Up and use the app. [emoji848].

So not a great night for the Bruins. Came out flat and stayed there.

But the night was not lost. UMass is going to the NCAA Hockey Championship final after beating my alma mater Denver University in OT.
Irony - being everything - my sons all graduated out of the Amherst campus so I didn't know who the heck to root for ;)
But...go Minutemen!

Remember when you could get a liverwurst sandwich and a beer in the student union cafeterias? At U Mass Amherst that is.

I remember if you wanted a brew before 10AM you had to go to the newman center cafeteria, they had bar bottles of a couple of standard beers on ice at the check out most of the time..

Then I figured out, once you could go pay slightly bigger bucks at the tower restaurant where the staff and guests ate, and get a better selection at any time. It did cost more, of course, so was not a regular activity.

One of my best western mass memories, alcohol wise, was an old lady with a old cider mill, not that near but a pleasant drive, who sold hard cider, and even carded me once, despite her operation was "on the quiet".

Darn if they were not the good old days and I did not even know it.

I know what you mean, sort of, but also have my doubts the show will still be going in 2045, at least in any form we would recognize.

So it's the end of the trail for the Minutemen but kudos for a season that got them into the Finals.
Meanwhile it's the B's turn to win with a convincing beat-down of the Leafs. Next stop Toronto!

Yep. Since you just found out, you have about two months to figure out how to wiggle out of meeting up with me (again).

You know, many breweries from the area will be serving us. I heard that you make ok beer.

Haha... I’ll put my team of logistical and negotiation experts on high alert.

Apparently everyone knew about this except me. I asked my two partners about it... “uhhh. Duhhh. Yeah. We were asked to pour for it” (I’m sure everyone within a 100 mile radius was)

I dunno how I blanked out on it.

I have no clue if I’m going to make it down to Providence at all. We’ll see.

Apparently everyone knew about this except me. I asked my two partners about it... “uhhh. Duhhh. Yeah. We were asked to pour for it” (I’m sure everyone within a 100 mile radius was)

Oh, no definitely not everyone within a 100 mile radius. Probably more like 300 miles or so. I haven't seen the list of who's committed, but usually Sam Calgione comes to these things when they are in the East, among others. I saw Jim Koch at the last one, and in Philadelphia, and I imagine if he's around he'll be there.

Oh, no definitely not everyone within a 100 mile radius. Probably more like 300 miles or so. I haven't seen the list of who's committed, but usually Sam Calgione comes to these things when they are in the East, among others. I saw Jim Koch at the last one, and in Philadelphia, and I imagine if he's around he'll be there.

Cutting lines I’m sure. Habitual line-cutter that Jim Koch.

Sam’s a really nice guy. Easy to talk to.

I wouldn’t mind pouring just to hang out but we would have to do a one-off on the distro side to get into Rhodey. I’m sure Berkshire would handle it no problem but I’m not convinced I have the energy. We have a freakin’ mountain of stuff going on right now.

So I can kind of see how a fat old guy arriving on reindeer to deliver presents to the kids can be derived from three wise men arriving on camels to deliver presents to the baby. I’ve taken my fair share of LSD, I can see taking that leap.

Where did the bunny who delivers eggs come from? Shouldn’t it be the Easter chicken?

Whatever.

Happy (insert your religious/cultural weird tradition here) day from me and mine to you and yours.

19124F94-31BD-4CF6-A493-267E13BEA20F.jpeg

Bunny doesn’t know either. ;)

Back