Backyard Brewpub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be much longer.
Yeah, the pool table is goin in there, AND a BIG tv.

Lots of progress on the bar yesterday.
Man, this is the crownd jewel of my brewpub!
bartopbuilt.jpg
[/IMG]
The bar with my lovely wife breaking it in.
barandDonna.jpg
[/IMG]
Bar and kitchen cabinets.
barandkitchencabinets120409.jpg
[/IMG]
Back of bar.
backofbar120409.jpg
[/IMG]

We're gonna put a 'bar rail' around the edges of the top, and pour in that polyurethane, or what ever it is tomake the top look like it does, but will be flat and smooth.

She loves Flying Dog old scratch.
Yes, that pecky cypress is freekin awesome.
My brother in law said the bar looks like a cypress tiger.......maybe thats the name I've been looking for.
The Cypress Tiger Tavern. Whatcha think?

Any chance you are in need of a son? I'm 23 years old, I can change my own diaper, I have a brew sculpture I can contribute and I don't eat much food

edit: also to add I am college educated so no costs there. This could be a win win for everybody involved. I have been raised to do menial manual labor tasks.

She loves Flying Dog old scratch.
The Cypress Tiger Tavern. Whatcha think?

+1. Now all you need is to get a sign with a tiger sleeping in a cypress tree or something like that, perhaps with a mug of beer in hand.

And that bar is going to look AMAZING when it's done. What you probably want for a sealant is some sort of clear epoxy. Something two-part. That way you're actually getting a cured surface as opposed to something solvent-based, which will likely have less chemical and stain resistance than you're looking for. And it will be more durable by far.

Back bar top nearly done.
Still need the mirror and glass shelves for the center, and the doors for the bottom cabinets.
bar120909.jpg
[/IMG]

Taps will be on keggerator just behind the bar. (keggerator will be 1/2 under the bar)

We will test a few pieces this weekend for stain (or lack of), and finish.

This is an amazing project! Excellent craftsmanship. The cypress looks awesome!!

Here's a pic of the electrical panel. Neat!
panel.jpg
[/IMG]

Most of the wiring is done.
switches.jpg

Outside lights.
IMG_0099.jpg

1/2 Wall that separates the kitchen from the rest of the room.
IMG_0100.jpg

Bar cabinets doors built and installed. this is from the same wood.
IMG_0102.jpg

A ltttle door at the end of that half wall that hides an electrical outlet and a gas quick connect, for 'just in case'.
IMG_0104.jpg

Just a heads up to the OP...my wife saw me looking at this thread and announced that she's leaving me for you. Just thought you should know.

Ooooh, a Sabco would fit in nicely in there!
Yep, PVC dust removal system. And it works pretty good!

All that Dewalt yellow is exciting. SWMBO gave me a 12" Dewalt Miter Saw for xmas. That thing is a monster.
Hey, I think a Sabco would be a very nice cherry on top of this Sundae!!!

I didn't get the big DeWalt chop saw in the picture, but it sure does the job.

I'd love a Sabco, but after the construction costs, another 6 or 7 grand might be pushing it. :)

panel.jpg
[/IMG]

That's either OCD or someone's got too much time on his hands.

That has got to be the neatest electrical panel I've ever seen. I wished mine looked like that.

Imagine my surprise when I saw it. I've seen LOTS of electric panels, buy that one takes the cake.
Almost makes me want to put a see through cover on it.......not.

Imagine my surprise when I saw it. I've seen LOTS of electric panels, buy that one takes the cake.
Almost makes me want to put a see through cover on it.......not.

I would. But I'd first straighten out that one ground wire on the right. BTW did you pull a circuit for each outlet?

That panel is beautiful...

-sniff-

-wipes a little tear from his eye-

And to think I spent a few hours trying to clean up mine and it still looks like a rat's nest in a bowl of spaghetti...

I would. But I'd first straighten out that one ground wire on the right. BTW did you pull a circuit for each outlet?

If you are talking about the big ground wire 1/2 way down the first group, that is the bonding wire to the can (case or shell). One of the reasons that the can looks empty is that the main power lines have not been pulled in yet. 3 big black wires as big as your thumb is round still need to be added.

By the way, most licensed electricians are that neat with brand new panels. They generally "get junked up" later.

If you are talking about the big ground wire 1/2 way down the first group, that is the bonding wire to the can (case or shell). One of the reasons that the can looks empty is that the main power lines have not been pulled in yet. 3 big black wires as big as your thumb is round still need to be added.

By the way, most licensed electricians are that neat with brand new panels. They generally "get junked up" later.

Oops. Your right. That is bonded to the panel.

I would be taking the time to be that neat getting paid $100 an hour as well ;)

Back