Vote: Best Midwest Craft Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
For all you Midwesterners, here's a chance to cast your vote for the Best Midwest Craft Brewery:

(Must manually type; I can't get this to work here - for some reason, it's censored: " the full pint dot com/2009/03/28/best-midwest-craft-brewery "

#1 Three Floyds
#2 Dark Horse
IMO.
Founders and New Holland should be up there to.

Since I'm going there for dinner tonight, I guess I'll have to vote for Great Lakes.

#1 Three Floyds
#2 Dark Horse
IMO.
Founders and New Holland should be up there to.

sooo when you coming up to dark horse then? they had their crooked tree ipa on a dryhopped cask 3wks ago.

gonna have to go with dark horse, arcadia, and waldorf in hastings

1) Bells
2) Founders
3) Three Floyds
4) New Glarus
5) Dark Horse
6) Goose Island
7) Two Brothers (under rated but solid to great beers)

Three Floyds makes the best beer, but are more expensive than either Bells or Founders.

sooo when you coming up to dark horse then? they had their crooked tree ipa on a dryhopped cask 3wks ago.

gonna have to go with dark horse, arcadia, and waldorf in hastings

Arcadia should be right up there to, but I'm not a big fan of Crooked Tree. Actually I'm more of a fan on their limited stuff.

What about that brewery in Saint Louis, the one with the big horses and the spotted dog? I understand they sell a lot of beer.
But they aren't Midwestern anymore. Now if the poll had read "Best Belgian-Brazilian brewery", you'd have a point!

+1 For Crooked Tree. One of the best damn bottled IPAs anywhere, IMHO.

Back