Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or someone that knows the value of money and would rather spend his on something of value than to just get drunk at a basketball game :D
It sounds to me that you sir have done a fine job!
We have a craft beer bar here in NZ that stocks a lot of imported craft. I paid $12 for a pint of Racer 5, most of the reason is I would not be able to visit this bar again for a long while. While it was a good beer I couldn't completely gid rid of that voice in my head telling me I could have brewed 20 pints of beer that tasted just as good for the price I paid... I think I'm a bit cheap though

Man, that stuff is $4 for a bomber here...

A few years ago, on our way to my wifes sisters house for Christmas, I saw a young man with a Bud Light. Tattoo. Not really something I overheard but still funny or sad or ...What was he thinking!

dfc said:
What's wrong with wearing pink? It's just a color.

No it was pretty much just a joke. We were poking fun at someone's friend/teammate who is incredibly tough and manly because he drinks BMC which does not contain estrogen like homebrew does....

Leadgolem said:
That'll work. It might be a little harder to hide though. A friend of mine sticks a shooter in under the tongue of each shoe when he's going to football and baseball games all the time. :)

:OT: I have a coworker who has a pair of flip flops with flasks built into the soles. I always wondered how he kept dirt from getting in his drink but he mainly wears them to the beach.

Wouldn't there be more dirt or sand at the beach? I have seen those as well as the ones with the bottle openers in them. I don't think I would drink out of a shoe flask.

:OT: I have a coworker who has a pair of flip flops with flasks built into the soles. I always wondered how he kept dirt from getting in his drink but he mainly wears them to the beach.

That reminds me of those dumb flip flop bottle openers. No, I don't want to open my beer with your sweat soaked flip flop. That's smurfing disgusting.

This may not be the original direction that this thread was meant but it was still quite funny to me. My son just turned 21 and went to the local package store that has a great selection of micro brews and some unique imports. He purchased an $8.00, 12 oz bottle of a dark strong Italian ale (I'm not sure what it was) to celebrate his birthday. He said that it was fantastic. Fast forward to today, he was going to a professional basketball game and I told him to be careful and not drink too much. He said that was not going to drink at all. He will not pay $6.00 for a 22 oz glass of Bud Light. I had to laugh but I think that I created a monster or at least a beer snob.

A lot of sports venues sell good local microbrews here in Indy now. They are usually the same price as the BMC stuff too so it's a no brainer. Still stupidly expensive but it's nice to have a decent choice now.

College girls picking beer at the grocery store:Girl 1 "do you think I can I handle this beer?" Girl 2 "Well you've had Guinness and that's an extra stout, if you can handle that you can handle any beer". Then they proceeded to make fun of Girl 1 for being so ditsy.

I'd love to see a survey to see how many people think Guinness is more alcoholic than, say, Corona. From the comments I get every time I serve a dark beer, I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 90% range.

My future wife says she hates Lagers, although she's quite fond of my various styles of home brewed ales, but if presented with only BMC as options, she always goes for Miller Light. If asked why she prefers Miller light light she argues that, "It's a Pilsner and not a Lager". SMH...

Premnasbiaculeatus said:
My future wife says she hates Lagers, although she's quite fond of my various styles of home brewed ales, but if presented with only BMC as options, she always goes for Miller Light. If asked why she prefers Miller light light she argues that, "It's a Pilsner and not a Lager". SMH...

You need to fix that before you get married. Unacceptable in my book...

Just had a buddy taste one of my beers for the first time. It's a spin off of Jamil's West Coast Blaster that I fermented with Belgian yeast.

Buddy: "It tastes like 3 different beers in one."
Me: "Oh yea? Which three beers?"
Buddy: "I don't know, kinda like 3 that I've never had before."
Me: "? wtf ?"

:confused:

Just had a buddy taste one of my beers for the first time. It's a spin off of Jamil's West Coast Blaster that I fermented with Belgian yeast.

Buddy: "It tastes like 3 different beers in one."
Me: "Oh yea? Which three beers?"
Buddy: "I don't know, kinda like 3 that I've never had before."
Me: "? wtf ?"

:confused:

I would take that as a complement. You brewed a beer with complexity.

"Heineken! F@#K that, Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"
Apparently it's a movie quote, but I heard it about 100 times this past weekend at a camping event.

"Heineken! F@#K that, Pabst Blue Ribbon!!"
Apparently it's a movie quote, but I heard it about 100 times this past weekend at a camping event.

Hah, that's from Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Pretty f'ed up movie. My husband, although he's a huge beer snob, says that all the time.

Hah, that's from Blue Velvet by David Lynch. Pretty f'ed up movie. My husband, although he's a huge beer snob, says that all the time.

my brother's a big Lynch fan. we'd always yell that at the bars. and in his garage. and my living room. and his living room. and his back yard. I think a church is the only place we haven't yelled that quote.

Gillette Stadium in Foxboro MA serves Sam Adams. They even had the winner of the Sam Adams homebrew challenge on tap a couple years back for the football season.

On topic, my mother got me a bottle of beer for Christmas. She told the employee at the liquor store I like IPAs. He said, "if he likes IPAs, he'll love this..."

ForumRunner_20130124_211117.png

I figure he is either clueless or an @$$hole.

Krovitz said:
Gillette Stadium in Foxboro MA serves Sam Adams. They even had the winner of the Sam Adams homebrew challenge on tap a couple years back for the football season.

On topic, my mother got me a bottle of beer for Christmas. She told the employee at the liquor store I like IPAs. He said, "if he likes IPAs, he'll love this..."

It meant that they were trying to clear some stock!

Random "piney" hanging out at the liquor store (don't know if you guys will know what that is exactly, but it is NJ's version of a backwoods hillbilly, as they live in our large sections of "pinelands or pine barrens" in the southern portion of our state

"Sierra Nuh vaaa duh? What the hells that?"

Me: This is just a beer, it just a style called an IPA with lots of hops

Piney: whooooo bet that'll get you drunker than all the other stuff huh? I just drink jack, but I grew up on shine...

Random "piney" hanging out at the liquor store (don't know if you guys will know what that is exactly, but it is NJ's version of a backwoods hillbilly, as they live in our large sections of "pinelands or pine barrens" in the southern portion of our state

"Sierra Nuh vaaa duh? What the hells that?"

Me: This is just a beer, it just a style called an IPA with lots of hops

Piney: whooooo bet that'll get you drunker than all the other stuff huh? I just drink jack, but I grew up on shine...
Love pineys. My cousin grew up in Tabernacle and when we go shooting with his piney friends, I tend to outshoot them. Then he busts their balls for being outshot by a city boy! :rockin:

Skeptidelphian said:
Love pineys. My cousin grew up in Tabernacle and when we go shooting with his piney friends, I tend to outshoot them. Then he busts their balls for being outshot by a city boy! :rockin:

Oh yeah you know what I am talking about hahaha Tabernacle is right down the road from me.

We have great beer at our ballgames. Now, if we could only get a good ball team...

It's been awhile since I've been in Ohio, but I remember at Great American Ballpark they had a red brewed specifically for serving at Reds games at the park. This was pre 2008, but I remember it being a damn fine beer.

View attachment 96425

I just had a bottle of this... shockingly not skunked. I don't know tht I would drink it often (I found it to be a bit... bizarre), but I enjoyed it.

Definitely not an IPA, though.

View attachment 96425

My wife bought the same thing at the beer store based upon the "advice" of the clerk. I thanked her for thinking of me.

I had an Innis and Gunn a few years ago. This batch confirmed for me that I don't like their beer or anything Oaked.

My wife bought the same thing at the beer store based upon the "advice" of the clerk. I thanked her for thinking of me.

I had an Innis and Gunn a few years ago. This batch confirmed for me that I don't like their beer or anything Oaked.

Have you tried Firestone Walker's Parabola or Sucaba? Both amazing oaked beers.

Community America Ballpark here has Boulevard and Abita on tap. Nice I could get Turbodog for same price as a BL.

Guy serving Said "Dark Beer" when I asked what style Turbodog was. Then asked if I'd ever had a dark beer before. Only downside to the night.

Most people are D!cks, but I try to be positive and give them the benefit of doubt.

Plus I was in a situation on evening where I had at least 50 people ask me what a short mead was. I'm sure by the end of the night I was being a little "short".

Plus I was in a situation on evening where I had at least 50 people ask me what a short mead was. I'm sure by the end of the night I was being a little "short".

"It's a quick mead." Problem solved?

I actually talked to a vineyard/winery owner last weekend who'd never even heard of mead.

Just heard this at my place, I wake and say to the missus, "where's my sour beer that was on the coffee table"? She answers,"in my glass, over here". I reply,"thought you were allergic to hops"? Her reply,"it doesn't have much of a hoppy flavor". I'm doomed I guess.

I brought some homebrews to my sister's house for Christmas this year. My brother insisted on drinking it out of the bottle, which is fine, not everyone can allreciate the bouquet of a New Zealand hopped ipa, but I just wanted to let him know about the little pile of sediment at the bottom as he's finishing the bottle. He gets to the end, I warn him, to which he replies "that's the stuff that f's you up," and swigs the last sip. It was hilarious.

Marauder said:
Also important to note when using mayo it is no longer craft, but now rather "Kraft" beer.

that is the wittiest thing i have read in a long time.

A well krafted pun.

Back