Question on dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhunk

Reaction score
I have an IPA that I am going to dry hop but don't currently have keg space for it when it's done. If I use a hop bag and just pull the hops out of the secondary after a week or 2 and leave the beer in the fermenter will that be my best bet? I don't want it to get too grassy so I'm hoping that by just pulling the hops it will be ok?

Hop when your keg is 4 to 7 days from being free.

+1
I never hop longer than 10 days and I plan ahead but I have a few empty kegs laying around so I just keg and let it sit and condition while it waits for space.
If money isn't a huge problem, buy an extra keg or two (Christmas is coming) and you'll not have to worry.

If you haven't transferred it to secondary yet, just leave it in the primary fermenter until about a week before you are ready to keg and then add the hops right into the primary fermenter. No secondary is required for dry hopping, just that the ferment is completed. Your beer will mature better in the primary fermenter with all the yeast.

Latest posts

Back