Hops pellet question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I keg from the fermenter, I strain out the hops. If you will be racking to a clearing tank (AKA secondary), it isn't a big deal.

I boil my hop pellets in a cheesecloth sack very little sediment left behind, then I whirlpool and syphon to primary.

I send my wort through a false bottomed tun with a spigot---because I usually have some leaf hops in there, the hops settle on the false bottom and act as a pre-filter. From the spigot it drops into a funnel that's sitting in the carboy neck, which has a screen filter built into it.

it's my own ghetto method, and I likes it! :D Someday I'll blow some cash on a pumped sculpture, but I make good beer this way for now, so...eff it.

I dont bag if I use pellets, I use the Whirlpool siphon from the side method like bradsul mentioned. Although I have so many Leaf hops now I have to bag every batch and use the pellets for dry hopping.

Back