You may have noticed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
....my user name has changed. :)

You may now refer to me as Dude, or His Dudeness, el Duderino, Duder, or El Duderino(if you're not into the whole brevity thing), just not the "old" user name, please. ;)

It was brought to my attention this weekend of a pretty nasty fraud situation regarding having your name posted all over the internet. I'd like to avoid somethign like that.

BTW--it has nothing to do with our recent Marine friend--LET him find me. :p

EDIT: I'll keep the current avatar around (at least for a while) in case anyone is confused....

Dude said:

You may now refer to me as Dude, or His Dudeness, el Duderino, Duder, or El Duderino(if you're not into the whole brevity thing), just not the "old" user name, please. ;)

It was brought to my attention this weekend of a pretty nasty fraud situation regarding having your name posted all over the internet. I'd like to avoid somethign like that.

BTW--it has nothing to do with our recent Marine friend--LET him find me. :p

EDIT: I'll keep the current avatar around (at least for a while) in case anyone is confused....
Yeah, I think it's time to change the avatar. No offense...just doesn't look like a "Dude" :D

Well, if you're going to be Dude; your avatar may as well be:

white_russian.jpg

The happy mug said:
May we effectionately call you "doodie?"

Being that I have a hearing dog and a digital camera.... I could probably come up with a real good aviator for this effectionate name.....:D

Oh and he sent me an mpeg by the way... I can honestly say I have never seen such an up close and personal video of a machine gun outside of the movies.

If anyone is interested just yell.

Shouldn't this be moved to the (re)Introductions section?:drunk:

It's nice to meet you, dude. Welcome back etc.

Michael_Schaap said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHGHHHHH!:cross::eek::drunk:

Michael_Schaap said:
Oh and he sent me an mpeg by the way... I can honestly say I have never seen such an up close and personal video of a machine gun outside of the movies.

I used to fire them, and many others, daily. Not so exciting for me anymore.

BlightyBrewer said:
With that avatar "Dude", you can only be "His Royal Dudeness".

So what gives man? Is the guy just not giving up?

Did you read the first post in the thread? :p

Nothing to do with our Marine friend...just didn't want my last name plastered all over the internet... :)

BTW...LOVE "His Royal Dudeness"..... :D

Do'h! :eek:

Sometimes, I read so rapidly, I miss words...missed "nothing" that time in the reference to the Marine.

Sorry Dude! Err, I mean, "Your Royal Dudeness" :D

Dude said:

My name is plastered all over the Internet. That doesn't bother me much but one precaution to playing on the Internet is I never post a very good picture of my family or myself. A lot of weridos out there.

TxBrew said:
My name is plastered all over the Internet. That doesn't bother me much but one precaution to playing on the Internet is I never post a very good picture of my family or myself. A lot of weridos out there.

Speaking of...I need to PM someone over on Jeepforum to get my user name changed over there too...thanks for the reminder! :)

Wow, Dude! That avatar is just like a guy's who used to always post here. I wonder whatever happend to that guy? He was from Virginia, too. And, come to think of it, I think he had a Jeep, too! Wow; this is too weird.

I think I need a beer.

Mine is all over the net too. To be truthfull it has actually worked to my benifit more then not. I have had friends who I've lost contact from for many years find me. This would not have ever been the case if I had not used my real name.

My net activity has been pretty weirdo free with the exception of once. I had got back in the dating scence after an ugly seperation of somene I was going to marry (it took.. like 9 months). Well I started talking to someone who seemed real nice. We had talked for like a month on the net and planed out to meet at a coffee house. I was stood up and emails to her went into the void. Well I get an email from a Mrs.... (forgot name). She informs me that the person I had been talking to was her daughter and that she is 14 years old. That the picture that was sent to me was actually her older daughter. She told me that she understands that I had not iniciated anything (the daughter saved all of the emails aparently) and appolgized for the terrible behavoiour of her daughter. The young lady apparently saw this situation on "The Simpsons" and thought it would be funny.

Umm.... you want to experience raw fear... have this happen to you:)

TxBrew said:
I'm now amending my avatar after your advice!:)

Edit - Blacked out my eyes, no one will ever know it's me now.
hehehe......

Dude, good to have you...back? I never realized your old name was based on your real name. I wondered what that was about. Since you are a moderator, I always assumed it meant behave, or else.

The dude abides.

rewster451 said:
Dude, good to have you...back? I never realized your old name was based on your real name. I wondered what that was about. Since you are a moderator, I always assumed it meant behave, or else.

The dude abides.

Yeah, that is kind of what I always meant it to mean. Not cause I was a mod though--my jeep license plate has said that for years now.
Get out of my way, or else. :D

She informs me that the person I had been talking to was her daughter and that she is 14 years old. That the picture that was sent to me was actually her older daughter.

thats why I always assume anyone I am talking to on the internet, even if it has been for years, is this guy

guy.jpg

Pumbaa!! You got to point to some place on the net for a pic like that; not put it in your gallery. Imagine the random click on your gallery and then they see that! They're going to think its you!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Looks like a pic from someone who used to work at Ambrosia Chocolate. ;)

desertBrew said:
Pumbaa!! You got to point to some place on the net for a pic like that; not put it in your gallery. Imagine the random click on your gallery and then they see that! They're going to think its you!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Looks like a pic from someone who used to work at Ambrosia Chocolate. ;)

OMG ROFL....I'm still laughing at this post.....every last bit of it....

Good stuff dB.....

Sudster said:
I don't think I have ever "sharted before" but I definitely get the sensation!

from "along came poly" w/ ben stiller. one of the greatest all-time movie lines :p " dude, we goto go. i think i sharted".....

I'm laughing too hard to post straight. Knock it off, please! :D

Also, I did not shart myself at the picture. I have, however, experienced such a shrivel that I must sit to urinate for the time being. Thanks.

Dude said:

If you are serious about the fraud thing, that's cool.

If that was joke (that I missed :)) then you could always just change you sig to say something like "The Artist Formerly Know As <youroldname>". :)

-walker

Walker said:
If you are serious about the fraud thing, that's cool.

If that was joke (that I missed :)) then you could always just change you sig to say something like "The Artist Formerly Know As <youroldname>". :)

-walker

No, 100% serious about it. I went through all of my usernames in the forums/sites that I use and changed them all.

A buddy was telling me of a story where an ex-girlfriend found him over the web and really FUBAR'd him for a while. I was shocked at what she did--I just decided I didn't really want my name plastered all over. Asking for trouble.

Back