New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simcoe and Citra IPA with passion fruit added to secondary. Very good brew!

20150115_190543.jpg

My Czech Pils, Světlé Ležák 12°. Been working on this recipe for years and finally have got it where I want it. Many malts/batches and 6 different yeasts to get it where I'm satisfied. It's really good.

JE8VMBn.jpg

Damn that's looks crisp. Post the recipe? Is that a 12° or is it 12% abv?

Damn that's looks crisp. Post the recipe? Is that a 12° or is it 12% abv?
12°, all Czech beers are listed in degrees Plato. Yeasts that are good in it: Wy 2124, 2278, W-34/70 dry, Mangrove Jack's M84(only as a repitch). Don't mess with S-23, not worth your time. Floor malt is a must to get the most from this recipe--no other malt will turn out as good.

7 gallon batch Recipe: https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/sv-tl-le-k

12°, all Czech beers are listed in degrees Plato. Yeasts that are good in it: Wy 2124, 2278, W-34/70 dry, Mangrove Jack's M84(only as a repitch). Don't mess with S-23, not worth your time. Floor malt is a must to get the most from this recipe--no other malt will turn out as good.

7 gallon batch Recipe: https://www.brewtoad.com/recipes/sv-tl-le-k

Thanks. That's going to be my next brew.

Thanks. That's going to be my next brew.

A few things to note. This is a 3 step infusion mash, RO water with CaCl2 additions as in the "notes" of the recipe, 1/2tsp of 10% phosphoric acid in the sparge. Starter should be 3-4qt stirplate starter decanted off the stale beer or 2 packs of W34/70. All yeast pitched and fermented at 50F.

If using the MJ yeast I highly suggest making a starter for it or harvesting from another batch as cell count on the new packs is not as much as other dry yeasts. I count the MJ yeast as having 50b cells per pack.

I can tell he is fancy by the mustache on the glassware! However he should have his pinky up to achieve full fancyness!

Huh?

Im a full blown hop head. If the beer is crystal clear - its probably old and the flavor has faded.

Super fresh beer is usually a little cloudy and fresh beer = tasty beer. Old beer is usually very clear b/c everything has had time to drop out. Old beer for my preferences is not nearly as good as fresh (sans barrel aged and sour beer)

Latest posts

Back