Bottled tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomInMaine

Reaction score
Well actually early this morning :mug: Just finished bottling and cleaning up. 0300. it is my IPA I am making I hope it turns out mmmm good. I will probably pop one next Saturday to see how it comes out. :tank:

I suspect that you will not happy with your IPA after just 1 week. 3 weeks is usually the minimum people use around here. Hate to see you waste a bottle.....

At the same time I think its kind of cool to see how the beer develops after the first week or two in the bottle.

Hop flavor is such a big part of a IPA and it will loose it fairly fast. Most are probably going downhill after a month or two. I can taste it fading away week by week. After it's carbed your better of putting them somewhere cooler than 70 if you plane on keeping them around long. Most everything I read suggest one week will do. Papazian said 7-14 days. Palmer said one week often will do the job. Nothing wrong with three but depending on a lot of other factors it could be unnecessary. If you don't taste one you'll never know.

Well it has been a week and I popped one to give it a try. It is still not ready could use another week or two of carbonation. but it was very very good. I might be bias here but if it was bad I would say lol.

I tried my Imperial IPA 2 weeks in the bottle (4 weeks primary) and it was plenty carbed and tasted awesome.

Latest posts

Back