Cheeto1977's beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilTOJ

Reaction score
Cheeto was nice enough to send me some beers for review. As usual, I'm slacking but I'll be using this thread to review them.

Raspberry Ale

4 lbs pale LME
0.5 oz Liberty hops 30 minutes
0.5 oz Liberty hops at flameout

In secondary;

4.0 oz Raspberry extract
4.0 oz lactose

raspberry ale.jpg

Has quite an aroma of raspberries even as it's poured. Fizzy, but no head at all once the beer was done being poured. There's very little hop character, but is still present. Detectable hop flavor offsets the strong raspberry flavor nicely. Definitely something the ladies would like, a very typical fruit beer.

Constructive Criticism/suggestions; next time try adding the raspberries right into the primary, or leave out the milk sugar entirely.

Has quite an aroma of raspberries even as it's poured. Fizzy, but no head at all once the beer was done being poured. There's very little hop character, but is still present. Detectable hop flavor offsets the strong raspberry flavor nicely. Definitely something the ladies would like, a very typical fruit beer.

Constructive Criticism/suggestions; next time try adding the raspberries right into the primary, or leave out the milk sugar entirely.

ok I cannot take credit for this brew

SWMBO did this one

Evil you have the brew sheet look at the names

allI did was keep her from making a mistake

but thank you for you honest opinions

SWMBO thanks you for not "Flaming" her brew

the recipe says it's Beer Test 2
the label says She'll Look Better At The End of the Night.

4 lbs amber DME
0.25 oz crystal 120L
0.25 oz Roasted Barley

0.5 oz Chinook 60 min boil
0.5 oz Chinook 30 min boil
0.5 oz Chinook 0 min boil

test batch 2.jpg

The pour has a nice lacy head on it that lasts to the end of the glass. The taste is.... well. hmm. I keep tasting the raw, unbridled tastebud assault of Chinook hops on my palate, yet the color keeps making me think of a nice brown ale. The roasted barley flavor is completely overwhelmed by the blitzkrieg of the Chinook invasion. At the end there's a slight hint of roasted barley, but you have to be looking for it.

Since this is a bastardized 'let's get rid of my ingredients' batch there's no real style to it. It's just... well it's beer, and it's good beer at that.

thank you again,
for a fair honest review of my attempts at homebrewing

this beer I will brew again I really liked it

I will post this somewhere and it will be in my "Recipe" pull down menu

Yuri, this is a little less that half of the recipe that I made an A$$ of myself over

Your subtle, yet kind and delicate hinting that I have to drink your beer is refreshing, cheeto :p

4 gallon batch

2 lbs light DME
3 lbs 4.8 oz amber LME
0.5 lb crystal 60L

0.25 oz cascade 20 minute
0.25 oz cascade 7 minute
0.5 maltodextrine
0.25 lb lactose

It has a nice head on it that follows all the way down the glass. It's got high carbonation, but it's a virtue rather than a flaw. Typical amber color. Aroma is very sweet but the taste is not overpowering. The hop flavor is very mild. Hop notes are most noticable with the considerable burping from the carbonation. :p

It's a good session ale, perfect for hot days.

Picture to come, as soon as I can get my muthacu$#ing camera to work.

4 gallon batch

2 lbs Amber Dry Extract

4.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt -120L
4.0 oz Chocolate Wheat Malt
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [4.50 %] (40 min)
0.50 oz Goldings, East Kent [4.50 %] (10 min)
0.25 oz Goldings, East Kent [4.50 %] (0 min)
1 Pkgs SafBrew Specialty Ale (DCL Yeast #T-58)

This one is tough, because A) I lost my notes and 2) it really defies all kinds of style. From what I remember, it's nice and hoppy, with a slight roasty after finish. It smells both hopped, yet also has that nice. All I know is it's beer and it's good.

mystery hefe.jpg

Back