Bottled my first two AG batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sliprose

Reaction score
Last night I bottled my first and second all-grain batches. Number 1 was an IPA and #2 a Belgium Amber (Fat Tyre kit from NB). I had missed my temperature on the first one and needed to add water, but other than that it went pretty smooth from brewing to bottling, except for one thing.

With batch number one after pitching my yeast in the primary fermenter, my one year old daughter snuck around me and was splashing around the wort up to her elbows in ale pail (yes, I know of the drowning hazards, but I was right there quickly washing something). I was afraid of contamination during the past 4 weeks waiting to bottle. I thought the batch tasted a little off transfering to the secondary, but a taste during bottling last night was pretty good.

I don't recommend baby germs in your wort, but either thanks to luck or all of the hops in the IPA - it looks like I'll have a pretty drinkable beer after all. I guess I'll try to drink it quick in case it gets spoiled over time.

AG Batch number 2 came out pretty good, although I've never had fat tire to compare. I, and SWMBO, liked the taste of this one alot.

If it wasn't for all of the info here on HBT, I definitely would have been scared of going AG. It takes a little more equipment and time, but it's actually pretty easy once you've read upon How to Brew and this forum.

Back