My First label attempt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
I just thought I would share my first attempt at making a label.

MattysIPA3.gif

What is the normal size for a 12 oz bottle?

i like it.

you should add some hop cones in there, possibly in the open space of the darker green band

Yeah! The brighter yellow-green pops nicely and provides enough contrast so the shaded back hops don't distract or dominate. Very cool.

Chad

edited to get my damn colors right.

I like the last one... I would make sure the outer ring doesnt get cut off, though...bring it right to the edge so that the edge of the oval touches the edge of the box, and it makes for a really nice composition, IMO..

IvanTheTerrible said:
I like the last one... I would make sure the outer ring doesnt get cut off, though...bring it right to the edge so that the edge of the oval touches the edge of the box, and it makes for a really nice composition, IMO..

Yeah, I just wanted to get an idea of what it would look like. Here's the potential final.

MattysIPA6-1.gif

Cool. Am I the only one here thinking that "Fat Matty's" would be an awesome name for a brewpub too?

Allan

Nice!

I think it would look even a bit better with just a touch of whitespace between the border and the outer ring -- it looks just a touch 'off' to me when they touch.

howlinowl said:
Cool. Am I the only one here thinking that "Fat Matty's" would be an awesome name for a brewpub too?

Allan

Ha! That's my goal!

Just like brewing with every attempt you get a little better.

Great looking label.

Back