Opinion on routing control panel electrical/sensor wires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcaudill

Reaction score
I've built a completely detached control panel. I have two pumps, and two solenoids that I'll plug in along with 3 temp sensors. I'm trying to figure out how to cleanly route all this wiring. I was digging through some threads to see what others are doing but honestly I didn't find much. I have contemplated just some of that gray pvc conduit with conduit hangers and route the wiring through that. Any ideas are appreciated! This is for a BRUTUS style stand.

Thanks!

What I would do is cable tie (ie zip tie) the wires to the frame, along the back of the stand. Alternatively you could run the wires through the steel of the frame (could be a challenge but no visible wires)

I'm an electrician, so I have access to rigid conduit/fittings. What ever you do, just make sure you stay away from the heat sources as much as possible.

Personally, I would make sure that everything that exits the panel is jacketed cable, no single-conductor wiring. Route it away from heat sources and use tie-wraps. Then there won't really be any need for conduit.
Here is an older picture of my system to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

IMAG0030.jpg

Thanks - I definitely will not have anything single conductor. I will have 3 conductor power cables with IEC connectors on the end, and 4 conductor telephone cable for my sensors.

Latest posts

Back