Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Picked up this 24 oz. puppy today at my local grocery store for $4.99. It's the 2008 12th Release. I can't wait to try it.

harvest2008_bottle.jpg

The cornerstone of our Harvest series is the beer that started the modern-day fresh hop ale phenomenon in America, our original Harvest Ale.

Created in 1996, Harvest Ale features Cascade and Centennial hops from the Yakima Valley in Eastern Washington. These hops are harvested and shipped as “wet” un-dried hops—the same day they are picked—to our brewery in Chico where our brewers eagerly wait to get them into the brew kettle while their oils and resins are still at their peak.

Unfortunately we cant get that yet in this part of KY. We have the Southern Hemisphere Harvest Fresh Hop Ale, and its wonderful, especially at 4.39 a bomber. Hopefully Ill be able to try the Wet Hop, and Chico Estate soon.

OMG, what a tasty beer. I'm going back and pick up a few more. It went down so smooth and tasty last night. The bottle is cool too, so I'm saving those. Heavy duty 24 ouncer, sweet for refilling with homebrew. It will make for nice Christmas Brew presents.

Definitely a winner.

Reminds me, I still have a few bottles of the S.H. Hop Harvest, I should chill and drink those babies soon before the hop aroma fades too much.

And I love the bottles. Not as much as Duvel bottles, but they're a close second.

man i am going to have to go to the liquor store and see if we have thoes here on oklahoma yet ,, gosh i hope so

oh man, last year's was delicious! must find some now!!!
and those bottles are the greatest for the homebrew reuse. definitely my favorites

Finally found it. Also, all because I was searching everywhere for this beer, I found a nice distributer with a section of probably over 100 craft brews!

I have a lot of work to do.

OH MY GOD, I almost wet myself when I drank this last night, and it was a party to celebrate my first keg tapping. I wish we had just bought a dozen of these. Very, Very good beer. Well done SN

on sale for $3.99 each at my local Whole Foods Market.
bought a case. Will taste tomorrow after work.
I promise, no cheating like with the Jubelale. ;)

Anybody found any in columbus ohio yet? I'm looking. When I find some (hopefully) I'll post where I found them.

Wow I cant believe you guys cant get this stuff where you live or around your area.
I guess im just lucky...I have a store down the raod from me that carries just about everything and then some.

Stuff is great none the less...

managed to buy 3 which was all the local store had. It didn't feel very well balanced to me. The SH Harvest was excellent but this didn't strike me as well. Perhaps it was just an off day. I still have 2 bottles left and will give another go at it over the weekend.

tried it for the first time last night, WOW, easily the best they offer.

Tried to get a case from my local store, but they offer no discounts, $75 a case, ouch!

I LOVE THIS FREAKIN beer! My birthday was this weekend and my favorite gift was a 1/6th barrel of SN Wet hop ale...This keg will not last the week! It's even better on draft

I LOVE THIS FREAKIN beer! My birthday was this weekend and my favorite gift was a 1/6th barrel of SN Wet hop ale...This keg will not last the week! It's even better on draft

You don't by chance know how the price of that compares to SNPA, do ya? I'm about half way through my 1/6 of SNPA. I'd love to get a keg of this when it is gone.

The local store I get kegs from doesn't have price lists of their kegs...and price is a deciding factor for me. I have to give them a short list of what I want, they call it in, and then decide which is reasonable to my current budget. SNPA is an excellent value, I think, at $53.

Latest posts

Back