Whatta brewing weekend!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
So I've been on a brewing hiatus for a while because of work, wedding planning, etc. and finally got a chance to brew on Saturday. Did the official Pliny recipe, which I've made a couple times and loved it.

While brewing, a neighbor comes down the alley and says "Homebrewer? Me too!" and goes on to tell me about working at one of our local breweries and how he grows Hallertau in his yard, and lots of other homebrew chitchat.

Then yesterday was SWMBO's bridal shower. I stopped by at the tail end to introduce myself and say thank you to her guests. Little did I know that her mom had asked the guests to bring a bottle or two of some good beer for us. So I show up and there are four apple crates full of bombers of things like Omegang, Trois Pistoles, bourbon barrel stouts, Fin du Monde, and on and on.

Then the neighbor says "we make wine. We tried brewing but didn't get into it. Want our beer-specific stuff?" and the presented a gently used bottle tree. Coolest brewing weekend ever.

Awesome stuff! Today marked my return to brewing as well but it wasn't nearly as exciting. I had to stop brewing for about 9 months because of a bad back and surgery but am finally doing good enough to start brewing again. I am doing an Oatmeal Stout and a Melomel today!

Back