Anyone brewed lately?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJinWV

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone in WV has brewed lately. I just bottled a brown ale last week (only my second batch). Thinking about making some apfelwein, but I only have a single fermenter, so that'll tie up my brewing for a few months. Anybody want to donate a carboy? :cross: :mug:

I have an Irish Red and an American APA going at present. I'm planning to bottle this weekend and brew again next weekend.

I would be happy to donate a carboy or two, I'm slowly switching to Better Bottles. All you have to do is go to the opposite end of the state.:D :D

PM me if interested

cold crashing my first batch now. Getting ready to brew batch #3 as soon as my ingredients come in the mail. Labelpeelers has a really cheap price for better bottles, like 20 bucks each for the 6 gallons ones. They ship from akron, so they get to morgantown fast.

I just took a nut brown off the burner. No wort chiller, so I'm running an ice bath in the sink. Gotta go get the boys from school in about 20, though, so it's probably gonna have to sit a while before I can put it in the fermenter. :(

Chucko, I just picked up a better bottle from Northern with my last order. Thinking about throwing some apfelwein in it, but forgot to get the yeast with the order. Doh.

You are smart to stick with Better Bottles. I've got 3 of them and haven't used any of my 6 glass carboys since I got the BB's.

Chucko what are your carboys doing if their empty I almost exclusively run glass I like the cleaning aspect better

Chucko what are your carboys doing if their empty I almost exclusively run glass I like the cleaning aspect better

They are all taking up room in my storage building. I haven't used them in the last 3 or 4 years, since I've reduced the number of secondaries that I do.

All of my wine and beer secondaries are done in Better Bottles, easier to lift and handle.

If you are interested, I have 3 glass carboys and 3 glass water bottles from the 1950's that I would be willing to trade for a couple of Better Bottles. PM me if interested.

Back