Concord grapes for pyment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solusveritas

Reaction score
There is a sale on concord grapes at a local grocery store, and I was wondering if i could mash them up and make a pyment with them. Has anyone ever tried using concord grapes? Do they make a good pyment?

I recently made one with pressed Concords, but have done one with cans of Welchs. It tastes good, just realize your going to have a flavor that will remind you of grape jelly and NOT normal wine. If that's your thing, then good. If not, then you may end up ruining a whole batch because you end up with jelly-wine.

I liked the pyment a whole lot better than the straight Welch's wine.

I recently made one with pressed Concords, but have done one with cans of Welchs. It tastes good, just realize your going to have a flavor that will remind you of grape jelly and NOT normal wine.

I made a pyment with concords and wildflower honey and found it to taste pretty close to some of the ones I've made with wine grapes, but I fermented it on the skins.

Back